Just got some clones, don't know how theyre taking to the new environment... pics.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by faesthetic, Apr 25, 2010.

1. I just bought 3 clones last night. the guy I got them off of had them in plugs which were in cups of coconut husk. He watered them with miracle grow. Personally I'm not really comfortable with that but w.e. I guess. I transplanted them into bigger pots with foxfarm soil and I've watered and misted them, and I have a fan on low for circulation. My main concern is the biggest plant I got is looking really droopy (pic attached) and its got little spots on the leaves, and is just looking pretty unhealthy in general. Could I have stressed it? Or does it just need to adjust to its new environment? I'm just going to give it water and no more nutrients and hope that it survives but any advice would be great.

Attached Files:

2. does it have roots? yeah my clones get spot acatiobally and the droopin could be a few things,how hot is it in there?is there good air circulation?how often do u water it?could be over/under watering.im sure its sumthin simple.im guessin it has a decent root system if hes givin it fert,ur not spose to fert fresh plants for weeks.but hope that is any hel pto u bro get back to us with more info

3. hey lookn back at ur pic it kinda looks like it might have a bit much nitrogen,u see the tips of the leafs curled down.and yeah miracle aint good for nothin" my opinion" :smoking:

4. Yeah it had roots all throughout the soil so that's good but I totally agree about miracle grow, I would never use it. But I have it in my closet, which i currently have wide open for best ventilation, under a 400 watt hps and a fan for ventilation moving the air around. Maybe I'll move the light up a couple notches. But since transplanting them I've watered them one good time and they're still moist. His girlfriend was saying if they "bearclaw" or curl under to ADD nitrogen so maybe they overdid it, i just got them last night so it's not my fault lol. But your post makes me feel safer about this hopefully with a couple days it should pass.

Also, could spidermites be a possibility since the leaves have a bunch of little yellow dots on them? I searched the fuck outta the plants and didnt find a single mite or egg but i found one tiny strand of web. If this is possible I'd like to do whatever I can to prevent them from becoming a problem. Might be a noob question but I AM posting in absolute beginners lol.

5. #5 Sativanya, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
    If looks fine I wouldnt worry too much just keep watering it with fresh water. How close is that light btw? Keep it a good 18" away so you don't shock it, clones don't need that much light to get started. How hot is it getting inside the grow room, what are the dimensions, and do you have fresh air being introduced? :smoking:

I would search VERY hard again for signs of spider mites, get pics of the leaves up asap. Yes tiny yellow spots are a sign of mites, and if you see webs.... That plant would already be in the garbage if I saw any evidence of that, and I would be omw over to my friends house to break his legs.

6. FOX FARM is hot on little ones dont add nutes at all for 2-3 weeks and watch out you dont over water any more, it looks a little too wet. just cuz the top of the soil is dry dont mean it needs water. with little ones I watch to see the leaves just start to droop and then water. after that you'll be on track. it will maybe show a little bit of wear and tear makin the transition from clone to plant but you will get there.

7. Oh and also that plant dont need ANY thing added to it at all, it does not have a defeciency of any type in that soil, stick with JUST water like the above poster said, with the soil mix you are using I would wait 2-3 weeks and nute at 1/4 strenth and then another 2-3 weeks hit 1/2 strenth and leave it alone as far as nute go. A lot og growers ride on the edge of nute burn and lock out all through thier grows DONT BE THEM!! and you'll stay very healthy and never need to add nute or whatever to FIX something. it is VERY VERY rare that adding a nute or supplement fixxes any thing.

8. i dont agree with that statement at all.

9. Most folks don't and thats cool I respect that and in a hydro system I would see it differently.But in a fox farm soil grow I can add nutes twice at 1/4 - 1/2 strenth and that plant will never have an issue with health caused by the soil/nutes/supplement I have soiled in a beer cup for two weeks veg then 1 gallon for 4 weeks and then 5 gallon for finish and not added any nute at all and the weed was great and never had a health issue. in fact I havent dealt with a nute issue in about 10 -15 years. I prefer to use nutes to BOOST plant growth/bud size but if you take 2 plants showing a deficincy and you start addin' shit to one of them and just transplant the other to fresh soil, even in the same size pot, the result will speak for itself. Not tring to dis, just my expierence..

10. just read-grow great marijuana. by logan edwards,,,anyway the author said no nutes till there 6 inches tall!!

11. remember that dont mean it NEEDS nutes at 6 inches, just that it can handel it, but your soil HAS nutes in it and I would really not use any till ya see a lot of growth coming on you'll rock out trust me, good soil mixes are great and if you trans plant as I laid out you wont need much nutes at all, maybe a bloom/bud builder or something. but only add it plants that are healthy and havent had them for 10 days or so. it is absolutely crutial to use a lot of fresh soil when you start flowering to keep root expansion all through budding. the growth rate will not lag this way.

12. Thank you everyone for your help. The plants are still going strong, and starting to perk up a bit. Unfortunately the one in the pic got 4 leaves hacked off by a cat but its still going to be fine im pretty sure. But this is how I intend to grow; just use foxfarm because it is really good and full of natural sources of nutrients, and fertilize it maybe 3 weeks in VERY lightly with a vegetating blend of cutting edge nutrients, and do this mayebe ever 3rd or 4th water. Until I really feel comfortable I'm not gonna mess too much with givin my plants nutes.

13. It amazes me how long people wait to feed nutes, even when I grew outside I was giving them nutes steady after week one. Now growing inside with a hydro system they get nutes from the minute they get cloned as well as a foliar feeding program. Can someone tell me why the wait, when everyone else I know that grows professionally tells me otherwise.