Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just got my Med License Yesterday :D

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JLamb11, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Just got it yesterday and I'm stoked :D :D :D

I am in CA and kinda wanted to run by you fellas everything I know or think I know ;)

• Don't share it/sell it
    • Don't have more than an ounce of it
    • Don't do it in public
    • Don't drive or operate heavy machinery ;)
    • Don't grow it w/o a cultivation license

There may be more but I am not sure. Let me know waht you guys think. Any other laws or 'good ideas'? I know these are laws and I want to get it all strait, then I will decide which lines I can cross. Thanks guys!

2. nice man, how diffucult is it to get ? what did you do

3. Theres not much to it man just hit up all the dispensesand get your free first time patient gift.

4. What? I could have sworn you were able to grow for personal use as a patient in California without an additional 'Cultivation License.'

5. That's what I thought. I think the doctor's recommendation alone lets you grow

6. you need the cultivation license in addition to grow ;)

7. I have no idea what a "cultivation license" is, but I don't believe there is any such thing on the state level. There may be county or local ordinances that require something like that (e.g. in Mendocino), but that should only apply to growing more than permitted by SB 420:

For the state of California you need to understand these two laws:

Prop 215
    CA Secretary of State - Vote96 - Text of Proposition 215

SB 420
    SB 420 Senate Bill - CHAPTERED

Also SB 420 allows more than one ounce:

If you want to avoid being charged with more than misdemeanor possession (soon to be an infraction) then keep it under one ounce.

Hope that helps.

8. Anyone who has their medical marijuana card in California can grow up to 6 mature plants or 12 immature plants. There are additional licenses you can buy that allow you to grow much larger quantities of plants, such as extensions for people who use edibles, people who use tinctures, and people who are caregivers of others.

Lastly, I saw a garden expansion license at my doctor's recently that allows you to have 99 plants, but I don't know all the facts about it. It cost nearly as much as a medical marijuana recommendation itself.

9. as OCSURFER was saying READ and understand prop 215 and SB 420

10. And isn't it still that you can smoke wherever you smoke cigarettes? I read that on this forum.

11. Not a good idea with just a recommendation. Chances are you will be cited if the police see you, and you would need to defend yourself in court to keep your criminal record clean.

With a State MMJ ID you could probably avoid the citation altogether, but not many people in CA have one. And why would you want to risk the confrontation with police anyway? Keep it out of sight.

12. With a valid State MMJ ID you shouldn't be charged, but the police are notorious for taking all of your marijuana, propaganda, and then tell you that you can retrieve it in a couple of months or something like that... except they'll a)put it in a plastic baggy and let it go completely stale, and b)probably tell you they lost it or it got too old if you go in to claim it. :confused: Just going off of what I've heard from a few fellas who have been MMJ patients for a long time.

13. I think you mean paraphernalia :laughing:

But yeah I've heard that too. They can't arrest you per se but they can still take all your shit. I'm pretty sure it's just the cops' way of saying "fuck you" to the medical MJ laws. They're sour that they can't arrest you anymore so they do everything in their power to upset you.

14. was it seriously senate bill 420? thats epic

15. I was just thinking the same thing.

How much does it cost to get a MMJ reccomendation in CA?

16. HAHAHAHA I must have been pretty "medicated" when I wrote that, I laughed really hard at that. Thanks for pointing that one. I ain't even going to edit that shit.

17. Lol yeah that cracked me up too I had to read it a few times. How dare the cops take away my propaganda :p

18. Absolutley do not drive high!

I got my card today, and my friend got really stoned and wrecked his car.

19. lol, thats your friends bad. :smoke: