Just got my licences and need input on setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cateros, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Hi I am a brand spanking new mmj patient in ontario have my licence wich allows me to grow up to 50 plants to cover a 10g/day scrip.

I am planning my setup to get me the best yield possible for the space i have and equipment.

First off ill go thru the space I have. Firstly have cleared a storage pantry to make room for holding up to 3 mother plants. This will be lite with 2 4' shoplites with 43w 6500k bulbs, and will have an appropriate circulating fan for the area. which is 5'long 2'deep 3.5; high.

The next space is a closet I plan to use for a veg closet/nursery , this area is 3'wide 2.5'deep 7'high I am splitting this closet into 2 sections both 3 x 2.5 x 3.5 for light each space will have a bright wing reflector with a 150w 6500k cfl bulb each produces 10000 lumens, each space will have fixed wall clamped 6" fans for circulation and I am installing a vent in the door with a light trap to keep stray rays from spilling out into the main flowering area.

This space is 5' x 6' x 7' , lighting is a 1000w hps/mh switchable sunsystem 10 , with air cooled sunsystem yield master 2 6" supreme with a 350cfm Vortex exhaust fan to both cool the room and the light, my intake I am not sure if I should run as passive I set it up with a 6 inch vent attached to the inside of the door with a cut at the bottom to attach it through to a vent so I have the option to allow it to run passive or attach a 250cfm duct fan for a powered intake. As I am a newbie I need help here on wich way to go. I do know presently with no plants in the room and only the reflectors fan running my room will hold a temperature of 78 degrees during lights on and drops to 62 when lights are out.

Now this is where I really hope I can find some good advice is on how I was planning to run my setup.

I was considering for my first grow to start 30 femenized plant then remove 4 of the most healthy to my mother closet to keep them for future cuttings. This will leave me with 25 plants to flower so once they are 5 weeks from being finished my plan is to take cuttings to get 25 rooted clones which I will leave on veg at 18/6 under the cfl's till my first crop finishes then place them in the flowering room and give them another 2 weeks of veg under the mh bulb then flower them , from this point its all rinse and repeat take new clones 5 weeks before harvest and transfer the new kids in as soon as there sisters are cut down.

For nutes I was given a gift from a friend of 1 gallon each of general hydraponics floragrow floramicro florabloom liquid koolbloom and florakleen( its supposed to be a ripening and leaching additive) as I am planning on using a soiless medium I was told these would work fine.

Finally for soil as i am broke I am planning on using promix bx with myocorise which I can get for 26.99 for a compressed 3.8cu FT unless someone can suggest a better potting soil for an equal price.

So that is what I have planned so far just dont want to start till I get some input on if it is a good workable system that obviously Ill have to fine tune thru experience or if I am missing something vital or if anyone can think of something that I should consider changing in my plan to give better results?

2. That sounds like an awesome plan, I personally would start out with 10 feminized seeds if this is your first grow. With more then 30 plants (including the clones) its very easy to get overwhelmed and things go to shit. With 10 seeds im sure you'll get strong healthy mothers, especially if the seeds are from a good bank and have stable genetics.

3. 10 plants thirty plants youll be just fine...im doin the same type of cycle ....im using two rooms one for rooting clones and rooted clones that are vegging for 4 weeks and then i clone em and dump em into flowering room were there is always a group 4 weeks ahead of em and soon to be 4 weeks behind that way every 4 weeks i harvest.

4. #4 cateros, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    Oh I should have mentioned this will be my first legal grow not saying anything about the stuff I did before i got married 20 years ago . Technology has changed since then as back 20 years ago I would never have considered that a 1000w mh light could be run in a room that 5 x 6 x 7 I would have considered it back then in a 10 x 10 x 8 room with lots of ventilation namely more like 850 cfm of exhaust fan and 350 cfm of intake and even then I would expect temperatures in the mid 80;s during lights on with a drop to the mid 70's and never would even consider a summer indoor grow. . But with my room empty everything fired up and just a a bucket with about 5 gallons of water under the light to simulate the evaporation from my plants the room is presently running at 76degrees with lights on and 63 degrees lights out, humidity of the room fluctuates between 55-60%.

Oh for strains I forgot to mention the seeds I have picked up already once again given as a gift from a friend .

My stock is 32 feminized white widow 12 feminized himalayan gold 12 feminized super silver haze 12 regular armeggedon 12 regular super crystal and 12 jack herer. Of these 6 strains the super silver haze is going to be the most challenging as its a 100% sativa my friend told me that when he grew them outside he had some plants reaching 14' and yielding over 2lbs a plant but inside he suggested I grow 2 at a time using a SCRoG and just forcing them to grow along the length of the room instead of upwards but that will definetly be when I have relearned everything I have forgotten.

5. Was wondering if you think I should stick to a passive intake or should I add in the 250cfm duct fan or wait and see if it is needed once the plants move in I dont think temperatures should be a problem but not sure if the humidity will be much different then what I tried to simulate by running the room empty but put a 5 gallon bucket under the light, when I did this the room would stay between 55-60% lower of course when the lights are out as the temp drops 12-15 degrees but from what I remember 40-70% is decent with optimal being around 50

6. you should start a grow journal..

:wave:

7. I was thinking about that myself but I never had use for a digital camera before and after spending what I did to build my grow room it will be a couple months before the wife will let me buy any new toys , but soon as she does I will definetly start a journal ,Might be able to borrow one in the next week or so and I can get pics of the finished grow room as I said I just got the licences so all I have done is hung the lights in the room set up the exhaust nothing is in its final place only enough set up just to test everything and see what my climate was I want to get everything working perfectly before I plant any seeds. So as It is all my ceiling hooks and what not are in place but I need to still mylar the room and nursery closet etc so once I have everything neat and clean Ill borrow a camera and show what I have set up so far.