just got my arizer solo and have some Qs

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by panflake, Sep 6, 2013.

1. so ive watched plenty of vids about the solo and i just want to get some things clarified for myself. So upon drawing on the mouthpiece is it better to do it at a slow and steady kind of pace or pull hard? also i noticed while hitting it the heat light will blink,so after hitting it you have to let it like recalibrate the heat? also ive been playing between levels 4 and 5 and upon the first draw at both levels i get the popcorny taste am i drawing incorrectly?

I found kind of a medium draw works best. Not a crawl inhale but not trying to power lung it either.

When you take a draw, you're lowering the heat by passing air molecules and exciting them. When this happens, the heater will come on (since it is a linear "on" or "off" monitored by a computer, it will turn on the heater when you start drawing since it senses a drop in temperature past a certain point) and continue to heat until the heat you set it at is reached. I actually try to draw when it's heating so it doesn't drop super low (sometimes it drops an LED).

No, you have amazing taste buds, congratulations. Because this unit uses some conduction, you get the popcorn taste a lot quicker than using a purely convection vaporizer. I've gotten used to the taste since my first vape was an MFLB, a purely conduction vaporizer, so I don't taste popcorn until the last few hits of the bowl.

3. I use mine at level 3. Take nice slow draws...magnificent! Slow drawing eases up on the battery-you won't drain it as fast on low temp. Also, if you hit too hard, you may suck the pot up thru the tube. Hit slowly. I find at level 3, I can go thru 2 sessions on one bowl. Also, you won't really get much popcorn smell al lower levels, the popcorn smell indicates it is cooked. You don't want to "cook" it too fast, enjoy it!

4. I puff mine slowly, making sure not to lose any vapor of course!

I let a small pause between puffs to so I don't overwhelm the heater. You get a "feel" for it after a bit. the fun is experimenting.

5. #5 lwien, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
    I have a question also. 

If you keep the Solo upright, will the bud fall into the heating chamber or do you need to invert the Solo to keep this from happening?

Yes .you need  to invert.

Just as the blade above me said, yes it can fall in. I pack my bowls so it doesn't happen, but if you fill it to the brim it will expand and touch the SS (will never burn though in my experience, just get dark brown).

8. #8 BCVapo, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
    I've never had issue with material falling anymore than my EQ elbow packs, which is to say none. I don't pack all the way to the top, leaving a small area between the heater and the herb. If you hold it inverted this way, you know the herb is not touching the heater at all and you have only hot air moving through the material.

Also, the heating chamber is a smooth stainless bowl, so nothing sticks or burns that touches it anyway, a simple tap has any crumbs fall out no issue.

9. To be honest I've packed the bowl pretty tight before with bits pushing out and never had any issues as far as gunking up the heater or anything. A little harder to pull on but whatever it works fine. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my KFOT using Grasscity Forum mobile app