Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just got certified, I have 2 options.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MaineCronic, Aug 20, 2011.

1. So I qualified, and have been certified for medical marijuana here in Maine yesterday.

I got the temporary CERTIFICATE at the moment.

I was given the option to do one of the following.

A. Register through the state, to obtain a medical marijauna CARD.

B. Wait until September 28th, when Maine puts into effect a law it passed that allows me the choice of either registering with the state and getting a CARD, or just stay registered with my doctors office, and have the CERTIFICATE I was given changed - to comply with the new law.

--

My question is, would you register through the state, or keep it confidential through my doctor's office.
    (there is currently no open dispensaries where I can go. It's either caregiver or grow your own.)

2. Though I don't believe there is much risk of registering with the local government, I do know that many people here in Cali will not register with the county because you give the police your name, address, phone, etc. but I really think it is just a paranoia thing. I have yet to hear of someone getting in trouble BECAUSE they registered with the cops and where I live you still get a ticket if you don't have the county card so it's kinda worth it for me... but I haven't registered yet cuz I'm paranoid just like the rest of 'em

Abridged: I would wait, especially if it's happening next month.