Just got busted by the cops like 5 minutes ago.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SanctumPolaris, Mar 10, 2010.

1. So, Me, my brother, my dealer, and my friend Kyle were smoking our bowl in the garage, and 2 cops pulled up the garage door out of nowhere and asked where the weed is, saying they could smell it from outside. (WTF, they can't do that shit). My first reaction was to say 'uh oh', and my brother started laughing at the perfectly inappropriate timing. My dog Homie came in (pitbull) and the cop told me to put him outside or he was going to shoot him. My dealer gave the cop his med card, and he scoped it out. His expression was SO priceless, like he was so frustrated because he knew he couldn't do anything about the weed. So he lightened up and made jokes about how the music we were playing was shitty, somebody called the cops as a noise complaint, etc. This whole entire time I was looking at the second cop who was leaning against the garage and smiling. When they walked away, I saw the cop that was harassing us smile too, and now I feel like they were playing a huge joke on us.

I'm a little bewildered, to say the least.. Don't they know how to fucking knock?

2. Bahaha that's hilarious. I remember one time at was at my buds house burning in this fathers cigar smoking room (his dad smokes with us every once in awhile and doesn't care about it) and some cops were circling up on the street for awhile, buggin us out. They were probably looking for a bear or some shit cuz we live in the woods but they were scoping my car out for awhile, good think i didnt have any dutch wrappers or anything in the open haha.:D

3. They came up to your residence, and entered, on the hunch that a minor misdemeanor was being committed inside? I would have thrown the biggest shit fit ever if that had happened to me.

5. Thank god for that medical card or you guys woulda been screwed

btw purplenuggets sig made me sad to :(

6. you and me both man. :p

7. Yeah man, I thought that too, but my brother is on probation. I don't know if that justifies it at all, but I'm not sure. Probation pretty much strips you of alot of your rights. I need to look it up for sure.

What didn't make sense to me is that they were called on a 'noise complaint', when we were listening to music on my computer, which only has one working speaker. On top of the fact that we have a loud russian and a band of drunk asian dudes as neighbors that are constantly playing obnoxious music at completely unreasonable and awesome levels.

8. Dude, you are in LA right? If you are a cop in that situation you know you probably arent going to be busting anyone for weed at their house (especially in a mmj state), nor do they care about that - so they probably just wanted to get it open as quick as possible for safety reasons and to check it out with an element of surprise.. with the smell at least now some semblance of probable cause. Its a little gestapo'ish IMO but those cops arent fucking around and that has nothing to do with your bud. Maybe you are being ratted out by someone... its not like they randomly selected your house and cops are not concered with pot, especially not mmj... so somethings being said.

9. Yeah, I live in LA. The thing is, they could have been called for a couple reasons. We have a cop that lives in the apartment directly next door to us, and I think today was his day off and he maybe got pissed off that we were being loud and wanted us to shut up. But I also thought about it further and decided that it COULDN'T have been a noise complaint at all, this shit happened in the middle of the daytime. OR it could be a probation check, but I hardly think that was the case. Whenever my brother got a check up from probation, it was always his officer that came over. I don't think anybody called the cops on us for smoking pot, My brother and I smoke in that garage every day, along with whoever else happens to be here at the time. We've had much bigger smokeouts where we were being more obnoxious, and this was far from that.

I don't like cops, but I don't mind them if I know I'm not doing anything wrong, and I think something is very fishy here. They pull alot of sneaky shit on us though. Like sending the FBI over disguised as city workers and tapping our phone. The cop said that they were hanging out outside for a bit. So they were basically spying on us.

I don't know. I think theres alot of shit they could get in trouble for here, but I also know that if we try to take them to court, my brother will go back to jail. He's got a med card, but he got it after he got on probation and I know they could fuck with that. We also turned our garage into a room, which is illegal in California apparently. Fuck technicalities, I'm not high anymore so I'm pretty bothered by the fact that they just busted in to my fucking house for no god damn reason.

10. The fact that he said that about your pit bull kind of pisses me off.

Pit bulls have to be the least likely dogs to hurt a human.

11. Yeah, that shit pissed me off too.
    He's the nicest dog ever and would never hurt anybody. You can't just bust into someones house and tell them you're going to shoot their dog. He wasn't even coming at them in a threatning way, but even if he did bark at them or whatever, thats his puppy dog duty. To stop strangers from walking into our house.

12. From findlaw.com

But I need to find the laws about entering your property.

13. "In the United States, you do not need a warrant if you have probable cause with exigent circumstances.

An exigent circumstance, in the American law of criminal procedure, allows law enforcement to enter a structure without a warrant, or if they have a "knock and announce" warrant, without knocking and waiting for refusal under certain circumstances. It must be a situation where people are in imminent danger, evidence faces imminent destruction or a suspect will escape.

Generally, an emergency, a pressing necessity, or a set of circumstances requiring immediate attention or swift action. In the criminal procedure context, exigent circumstances means:

An emergency situation requiring swift action to prevent imminent danger to life or serious damage to property, or to forestall the imminent escape of a suspect, or destruction of evidence. There is no ready litmus test for determining whether such circumstances exist, and in each case the extraordinary situation must be measured by the facts known by officials."
    -answerbag.com

14. some cops are kool.. they aint cool.. but they dont trip on a nickle,etc.. some just wanna fuck with you..earlier today i got stopped.. i was riding a bike with my uncle to his house i got stopped.. long story short they let me off with a ticket for riding without lights.. he told me i had a $1500 warrant.. and 3 days ago i got a ticket for riding on the sidewalk.. i was with the homie and he had an 8th of medical weed.. they let us go and gave the weed back.. the homie asked the cops "Can i have my marijuaa back?" since we were cooperative they gave him his weed back and let us go.. and he doesn't have a medical card.. but then again, this is south central...