just got busted by parents :(

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by pgs king, Jul 19, 2009.

1. i was just chillin in my room (im 18 - going to college in under a month), and both my parents come up at the same time. my mom asks me if i "do drugs" and i respond truthfully, and say i smoke weed. this is the part where i hoped they would be chill about it and understand. nope. they threatened to not pay for my college, take the car away, my laptop, phone. i was at a loss for words. i have a full time job, and am going to a good college in under a month.

HOW THEY CAUGHT ME: i have a backpack for work that i always carry around. my mom was getting sketched out by it so she asked what i carry in it. i had half an oz of some dank in there since i JUST picked up yesterday. i didnt want them to go thru it, so i admitted i smoked. they asked me for my stash, so i was like OH FUCK. im not tryin to loose half an o, it cost way to much for that. i think quick and pull out like .8 of nice heads that i had hidden away as a personal stash kinda thing. they took it (thank god) and left. i got all my weed related shit out of my backpack and hid it.

i have tried to reason with them, explain myself, defend weed. my mom has been reading all this bs propaganda on the internet and thinks weed will kill me, i will become addicted, waste all of my money. the truth is i deposit every paycheck into my bank and rarely spend more than 40 a week on pot, its summer god dammit.

i typed this up in a hurry if anything is confusing just ask and ill answer your questions

2. Tell your Mom that other than what it does to your lungs when smoking it, which really isn't even that much, its completely harmless. If you have enough balls (no disrespect intended) to do this, ask her if she wants to try it. Thats what I did with my nan and aunt and it turns out they smoked the whole time and I didnt even know, now I smoke with em everyday.

3. Why did you think right before going to college would be a good time to tell them you smoke weed, especially when they're paying for almost everything? Why didn't you tell them your friends smoke and you DD for them? Why didn't you tell them that you don't smoke?

Must not have been thinking straight. You tell them only if you're paying for everything on your own OR you've graduated the beast. I don't care how "honest" you felt like being, nobody ever cracks in that situation unless they're weak minded or not thinking straight, I'll go with the latter cause you seem decent.

Tell them you're quitting, start keeping spray-on deoderant, hand sanitizer, and breath mints in your glove box. Keep your stash in your trunk with your spare tire, in your CD book under your seat, or at a friends house. Don't let your parents catch on until you graduate. Do not try to reason with them, this will only make it worse. Just act like you've quit, and NEVER come home freshly high or smelling like anything but MINT.

Sorry if I sound harsh but I've been through the same shit except I didn't crack under the pressure. Once you graduate, find a nice full-time job, then tell them you've been smoking weed since you hit puberty and it will blow their mind that you've done it this whole time and graduated college without problems. Right now they just think you're some dumb ass punk throwing away his life with drugs ready to experiment his face-off at college.

Srsly mang, I know how it goes.

4. Tell them you quit and learn to hide it better :smoke:

5. tell them you quit, then go to college & smoke some(alot) weed

6. Should of said you smoke tobacco. So if they see you from a distance smoking a J or L they will think "Oh its just a ciggerette."

I admited to my parents along time ago. I think on my 13 or 14 birthday. I said i tried it like twice and said i would be a pothead before an alcholic or a drug user. She was pretty calm about it. Never got caught.
    Now college is right around the corner with out my mom or dad being a loan co-signer.
    Major debt im going to be in when it hits.

7. This.

Some parents are just way too ignorant and they won't change their minds on pot. (My parents for example.) I tried pleading with them, but they just wouldn't listen. In the end I just told them I would stop because it just wasn't worth it and it was a bad lifestyle. That was just a couple of months ago and I have been smoking since without them expecting a thing.

I was so close of getting caught yesterday though. Thank god, I was smart enough to lie my way out of it. :)

And yeah, never crack under pressure. There are always many ways to avoid getting busted by lying or playing shit off.