Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just got busted (2 plants, cannabis and resin)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Elek, Sep 28, 2013.

1. #1 Elek, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
    What's up guys
    I just want to tell you my story. I basically just got back from police station, I was under arrest for like 8 hours.
    I have finished my shift, I got home, I rolled one and I was meant to smoke it outside and ride around on my bike at night (I like doing this). I left my house but literally after 10 meters from my house I realised that my bike chain squeaking as hell (probably because I left bike outside during night and it was raining) so I decided to turn around and go back to mine to get some oil, I stopped by my gate and two police officers appeared from nowhere, well they jumped out of the car but swear down i didn't realise any police car before. They handcuffed me straight away and started asking questions. They thought I just robbed this (mine) house. Obviously they went through standard questions like if I was under arrest before (no), if I have any drugs on me, (yes) any weapons (yes, I had folding knife on me, I always carry it with me). After I finally explained that its my house and I live here they decided to search my house. Just before we got in my room i started panicking because of my grow cabinet, I'm still working on it so it have light leaking out of every single gap and fans are noisy as well but when we actually got in my room my growbox was off (it just hit 10pm, my lights are of between 10pm abd 2 am) Well, they were inside looking for my stuff so I found it pointless them making mess with my things so I just gave them all weed related products I had (Weed on its own, resin, grinders, pipes, bongs, vaporizer). I was hoping they not realise my grow (when its of it look like typical cabinet) but they found bag of compost (silly me, I should keep it in the shed). I didn't wanted to make it worse so I just pointed at my cabinet. They were all surprised how the hell no one in the house smelled that (seems like my carbon scrubber working really well, my plants were still in veg but they started stinking really bad). They took my plants, reflective foil I had on walls of growbox, (why would they take it?)weed, (just 1.8g) 3 grinders and my MFLB. We went to the police station, I got searched again but when it come up to the point where I had to sign the list of things they took of me I realised that my knife wasn't in the bag (o_O). I went through couple of interviews, they were trying to find out where I'm getting my weed from but I said that every time I need some I just go to town centre and just hang around for a while and usually someone will ask me if I smoke (that's actually true, you just need to look like you want some weed and in 15-30 minutes someone will approach you and offer weed). It was bullshit because I don't get my weed from random people but I just didn't wanted to snitch on my suppliers. We can say that I'm lucky because except spending 4 hours in the cell I got away with JUST simple caution. Okay I lost my two lovely girls but I'm not either arrested, I don't have any criminal records or fine. Ohh, and I found my knife on the pavement by my house, that's where they but all my things (yes, they took this knife out of my pocked but i'm not sure if they realised that its's actually a knife)

I was planning to move out of this place anyway but now it seems like I don't need to just move out of this house but more likely move out of this country; somewhere where cannabis is legal. I want to grow my own and I don't really see myself not using cannabis neither but I can't take a risk any more. I need to move somewhere where possession and cultivation is legal or at least tolerated.

Stay safe

2. Sorry to hear this man.  It definitely sucks, but NEVER let police search your house without a warrant.  

3. #3 Elek, Sep 28, 2013
    Well, its to late. By my logic it was actually better to coop with them than to be a douche and say no to everything. What, I lost like two 3.5 weeks old plants, some herb, 3 grinders (not expensive ones) and my mflb (okay, this one was like £70 so its kind of pain) but I got away with literally nothing. I don't have criminal record which mean I won't get fired (I work in airport where clear history is must) but I just got lesson for future. Don't be suspicious. I'm not sure what to do now. It hurts seeing my empty grow box, I gave my plants lots of love and attention. I could sit down and stare at fans blowing my fans for hours, I was moving them around every couple of hours, I was adjusting light and temp all the time. I kind of founded something I'm interested after brake up, we were planning to move out together and we even planned stupid things like what colours of walls he gonna have or what sofa bed and furniture will we buy, I dropped college (even I really enjoyed it and I wanted to get some proper education) just to get a job so we can move out, I saved £3k but unfortunately shit happened. Brake up affected me a lot, I "smoked" whole money I saved, I even went through suicide attempt but after swallowing box of tablets and covering it with vodka I just got sick and threw up. When I started growing I found out that its something I love to do, I even stared smoking less so the money I saved I invested into my plants.

4. Right? Never let the boys in blue In your house. And you probably got let go because they didn't have a warrant and any lawyer can get you out. You said they decided to search your house? Did they ask or you jus said go for it? Cops did that to my sister just walked in her apartment found her Bong in her room broke it and threw it in the dumpster outside( along with pipes and other smoking material). Told her to call a lawyer or something (ended up getting my dads lawyer from his work a construction company) ended up getting like 750$ cause they claimed it was all for tobacco and cops threw away the evidence lol

5. You need to learn your rights man.... You just got illegally searched and your shit was illegally seized.

6. It sounds like he let them in......if so, man that's fuckin' stupid.

7. #7 Elek, Sep 28, 2013
    I can see that most of you guys are from US. Are you sure same law apply in uk? Are you sure that in UK (that where I live at this moment) they cant search your house just like that? Before they mentioned searching my house they flooded me with all raw law quotes and articles including weird crime codes I have no clue about. They wanted my to proof my identify and only reason to do so was to go up to my room and get my passport, I was already handcuffed and under arrest so they obviously followed me in.

8. why the fuck didnt you ask them for a warrant before they went into your house?

9. Oh shit, I had no idea you weren't from the US. If you were from here I was going to guess Boston, since those idiots cheer when the police force their way through people's homes. Yeah man, I have no idea what the laws are over there, but I'd definitely do some research on it if I were you.

10. Shouldnt any evidence that they found be un usable in court? Since they went on with the search after a false arrest in the first place when they cuffed u at ur house ?

11. @[member="mrmuffinman"] dude's from the UK, I assume the laws aren't the same there. honestly i have no idea

12. Nigga just smokin a j and riding his bike why they gotta fuck with ya? Smh

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #13 Tree Burner, Sep 28, 2013
    Sorry, I wrongly assumed you were in the US. I am clueless about the laws where you are. I'd research it so you can be better prepared next time. Personally, I would have told them they couldn't search and if they said they could then so be it. That way, if it was legal for them to then no harm done but if it was illegal it could save your ass.

14. No, outside my house. They jumped out of the car shouting at me not to move, they approached me, grabbed my arm and handcuffed them on the back before they even ask any propper question. Apparently I looked dodgy because of bmx, bike gloves (which they thought are my burglary gloves) hat and hood. They thought that i turned around because I spotted police car but if I actually did see this car I would just carry on riding straight and I would ride down the road and reverse when they're gone.

15. That is profiling someone. It is unprofessional and not allowed to be done. Also, like i said earlier they had no reason to believe you were commiting a crime. Being outside of a house does not give them cause to make an arrest. Id sue them if they try escalating it later on.

16. #16 Elek, Sep 28, 2013
    I would smoke inside but people I live with don't like it. 99% of time I'm vaping safely in my room but yesterday i found out about some shit and I really wanted to get blazed high (from smoking) instead of chill high from vaping. All smoking, vaping and edibles have different effect on me and I'm choosing one of those three depending on my needs.

@[member="mrmuffinman"]
    Yeah but honestly they did have a reason to stop me. For them it looked like I spot police car, I rapidly turned around and started going opposite direction as fast as I can. Cmon, even if you have nothing to hide you don't see police and start going opposite direction just like that, its suspicious as fuck. I did walked by police while smoking in crowd hundred of times, if you look casual before they will actually smell it and before they will have a time to look around you'll be gone. I don't have any statistics but i would say 3/4 of british smokers roll cigarettes so If you roll your thing in short papers and you don't make it to fat you're completely fine to smoke in public.

@
    I had hundreds of baggies in my room (i just keep them) and scales as well. They were trying to sue me for dealing but i told them that i grow for my own so i don't have to deal with dodgy dealers, I don't have to meet them in dark alleyway, I don't give my money to gangs etc. I told them some bullshit about how i got my mlfb from US and that here its legal and considered as medical equipment that require medical marijuana card etc. I'm not "gangstaz" or any like that. I have job and normal friends and clear history. I smoke at mine just so I can sit at the front of computer, watch some films, listen to music and relax. I think it helped a lot. I also smoke before bed time after night shifts, if I work for whole night and I finish at 7am I cant really go back to sleep and I always have two night shifts in a row. If i don't sleep between I'm totally fucked. If i go sleep when I feel tired (2-3pm) then I won't wake up on time and I'm late.

17. The cops just butt fucked you i guess you got no rights what so ever there in the uk??

18. I found this:

So it seems like I had nothing to do anyway. Lets say I would refuse them to search my house, I was under arrest. I'm pretty sure they would take me to the police station and get warrant in the mean time.

19. I don't have any idea what kind of laws you have in place in the U.K. or what rights you have, but what would of been better than letting them search your house; is to have them knock on one of your roommates doors and ask if you live here.  Your roommate might of been pissed but, it would of been better than having them search your room! 

Sorry to hear about your plants again, but you can always start a new grow!  Just be happy that no charges were filed!

20. #20 Elek, Sep 28, 2013
    @[member="Malamala"]
    I'm shit scared right now, I think I'll just give myself a little break. I still have some cannapeanutbutter because they didn't went through my kitchen cupboards so I can have it tommorow and wait for shit to settle down.