Just got back from Sonic Youth show

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by guarrana, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Just got back from the Sonic Youth show in Houston, TX, and damn it was fuckin awsome. Before hand, me and a friend or two smoked a fat j, and went in blazed. Opening act kind of sucked. But Sonic Youth was good. Some lady fell off the poll she was standing on so she could see and bloodied up her nose, maybe broke it. Another guy passed out, maybe from awe of seeing Sonic Youth or he drank too much. Now I'm home and really high.

Any fans out there?

2. thurston has some hyper guitar sounds...i bet they sound wild in a live setting...they been around forever....does that chick still play bass?she's was nice bit of crumpet...

3. yeah, and lead vocals.

4. Nice dude, I saw them play a few days before you in Atlanta, we were front row right in front of thurston and when he did the solo in the first song he was litterally standing right above me:cool:

5. yeah i caught em in missoula, MT few days ago and it was pretty incredible. the first band amazing color was kind of so-so, but the youth were fantastic!