Just got a new ride

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by xWhitechapel420, Jul 3, 2010.

1. I'm pretty damn happy, I've been keeping my eyes out for a nice SUV for a while now, but for some reason the prices have gone way up since a few years ago.

Well today I found a 2000 Ford Explorer, and I bought it cash for 4700.
    I'm pretty excited, I'm gonna be putting in a system pretty soon since the speakers in it suck.

Either way its pretty damn clean for the price, and has some nice tires/rims, they are beefy

But now, my goal is to make the interior badass. If you have any ideas for customizing this, let me know. Im thinking about getting a bull bar, im not sure yet though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. will be moved to the automobile section or w/e. And whatever you do, if you put a system in it, dont be one of those douches that makes it sound like shit and can only hear a rattling bass, it can be loud and have a good bass AND you can still hear the music clear.

3. agreed. ive got an 18in RE sx in my vehicle with front speakers that can keep up with it and sound deadening throughout(even in the roof cause that shit rattled like crazy) and its amazing to cruise in. if all you can hear is the bass whats the point.

(and i would post picks but im paranoid....)

4. for the system you should get yaself a 4 pack. 4 subs. also get ur 2 front windows tinted a little. but that truck is spacious right?

5. Yeah man it has a good bit of space inside. I will be using this SUV a lot for moving gear and stuff when I'm in a band.

4 subs would be way over the top haha, I don't listen to much rap music, mainly metal.
    I think im just gonna upgrade all the 6x8s, and I'm thinking of getting either one or two 12" subs with a nice amp to power it all.

My friend does car audio he'll give me a pretty good deal

(And I was pretty high when i started this thread, I was looking EVERYWHERE for where I should post it, because I could of sworn there was a automobile section.

6. for metal/rock dont go with a 12", they are for longer deeper notes usually found in rap and hip hop. look at some 10"s. two 10"s pushing 400watts or so apeice would be a pretty nice setup. make sure you upgrade all components, and if your really into it install some mids/tweeters seperately. also DONT CHEAP OUT ON INSULATION! or everything is going to rattle. invest in some dyna mat or similar products

7. I'd consider putting a 3-4'' lift on it and getting bigger tires.

8. Why? What's the point of spending that kind of money if you don't plan on offroading?

9. for that SUV, a 3" lift is gunna run close to 500-600. your gunna need the front, either coils or spindles, coils are usually about 200, spindles around 400. the rear is gunna need new shackles, about $50, and add a leafs, close to $100. plus shocks, about $150. then new larger tires and an alignment, it gets expensive

10. Oh dear lard don't raise it. Haha. You do need some bigger wheels though, and a decent system. Then get some buddies some dutches, pop in the new whitechapel and some new born of osiris and have a sweet time:smoke:

11. That's the car that I'm looking for right now :smoke: