Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

just got a new bong- pieces don't fit..suggestions?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by toblaze, Jun 27, 2010.

1. hey all,
    i just got my first bong ever from grasscity, and it's awesome and all, but the rubber base piece doesn't fit. It's loose and so it doesn't just click like i thought they were supposed to. also!, there is a tiny round hole in the bottom of the rubber base near its center.
    i was thinking i could cover the hole with duct tape and attach the base to the bong with duct tape too. but then i end up with an incredibly ghetto looking bong hahha. any ideas/have you had this problem?

oh yeah, and also i am new to water pipes; how far up do you fill the water? (i know not all the way to the carb-mine has a carb-, but how far up? There are a good 7 inches available under the carb....)
    thanks guys

2. Not sure which bong you ordered, but I'm pretty sure I have heard of others complaining of bongs from GC that have shoddy plastic bases. Maybe glue it?

You want to fill the water up just enough to that its going to completely submerge the end of your downstem, but not much higher.

And there is a whole at the bottom? Where the plastic should cover? Thats weird...like i said maybe you can glue the plastic part or just have to deal with some tape.

3. I'd email GC customer support and as a temporary fix use some electrical tape, duct tape tends to leave sticky residue that you won't want once the proper piece arrives.