Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just got a dugout box! But I have some questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SageSpartan, Sep 17, 2018.

1. I recently ordered a dugout box and one-hitters online and they just came in today! But I have a couple of questions. This (Large Wooden Dugout - Includes Poker and Cig Pipe -The Greatest Online Smoke Shop!) is the one I got, and it seems to have a bit of a smell to it (sort of like a mixture of the wood and paint?), and I used a cotton swab on the insides to try and clean it out a bit and the swab came out with some reddish color on it. I used pipe cleaners to brush it out a bit and it definitely helped, still a bit left but after a little more time I could probably get it all out. Is it probably still okay to load up and smoke out of? Should I like try to clean it out more before I start using it, and whats the best way to clean it?

I'm a bit of a nervous nancy when it comes to stuff like this, but I'd appreciate the help! Also this is my first post on these forums, sorry if its in the wrong place!

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Joker1121, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    If it was me I think I'd take that q tip and wet it and clean the dugout until no more color comes out. Then I'd take a quick swab with some alcohol out of an abundance of caution. You didn't ask for advice, but as an oldtimer (1968) I gotta say it. Start slow until you get the hang of hitting it, give yourself time to feel it before smoking more than a hit or two. Please enjoy responsibly so it will be fun.

3. Are you talking about the box or the one hitter?
    If it's the box, it has undried stain in it.
    Leave it out, open for a day or 2.
    See if that gets rid of the smell.
    Not good to smoke wood stain.
    If it's the one hitter, it might be rust.
    Rust isn't good to smoke either.

• Like Like x 1