Just gave roomie a dread

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by Digu Miki, Oct 23, 2013.

1. So my roommate has wanted dreads for a long time now, and a few hours ago I gave him one. Just one. I've never dreaded hair before but I looked up a tutorial on the tube and he was so eager to try it out that he demanded and begged that I do at least one on him. It was pretty easy to do, but apparently it's torture on the scalp; he kept wincing and owing but he's never done anything really to his hair (not even combing it much) so it was expected lol.

It came out okay, but it sticks straight out and he's embarrassed by it haha. I told him that's normal and after time it'll settle, so he wants me to do more but idk if I have the patience. It took like an hour to do that one but I did keep stopping just to see how it looked.

I'm pretty sure there has to be some people on here with dreads. how do you guys feel about them? Do you think they are cool, grimey, or do you scoff at any typical stoner with dreads? If so, shame on you! Don't be an asshole and keep the negative comment to yourself or just post it here instead.

2. This is what kind of dread style im imagining 

[​IMG]

Lmao are those dreads? I can't tell to me they look like beaded braids. But it's not that small. I tried taking a pic but he's sleep and I can't turn on flash or a light..

4. lol i'm not exactly sure what its called. They were really skinny dreads with beads on the end in an episode of its always sunny :laughing:

OOOOH Okay I was looking at that girl thinking she looked familiar haha. I watch that show sometimes so I haven't seen this episode.

6. Dreads are only gross if the individual is gross in the first place. Im on my second round of dreads and there turning out fine. What method did you do that single dread with? Please please say no wax...

7. took 9 hours to do my dreads and it hurt like a motherfucker

well worth it though

8. Hope he doesn't lose that piece of hair, you guys don't know what you're really doing..

9. Cornrows?

how exactly do you 'do' dreads? i never knew the process

i always knew you aren't supposed to wash your hair but how do they get your hair to clump together like that?