Just emailed my boy, Barack

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Zatyro, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Fat lot of good that does these days lol. But I figured any chance we have, is worth the shot. I just wanted to share my letter with you guys.

Mr. President,

My name is [Zatyro] and I am but one of millions of supporters for Marijuana legalization. More specifically, Cannabis as a total economic and social makeover for the US. I am not going to waste your time by telling you all the economic reasons why Marijuana should be legalized as you are a man easily capable of the same intelligence or more as a bunch of "potheads." As citizens of this great nation, we have grown accustomed to our civil liberties. Great changes and reformations have been made in the past by self-sacrificing individuals to shape this country into a land of tolerance and freedom. You, yourself, are a shining example of how far this country has come in the past 60 years alone. In 1950, if one suggested a future president would be a black man, they would have been the laughing stock of the town and possibly faced imprisonment. This situation is equally important to the future of this country. You can not hide behind the propaganda anymore. The world knows these attacks on Marijuana are lies. You can not stall with public debate any longer. The Nation sees through this crystal clear cowardice easily. As I said before, you are a symbol of change for this country. A symbol of new beginnings and reform for the better. Too many of my brothers and sisters in the community have been jailed, humiliated, heavily fined, and essentially ostracized from the workforce over something as ignorant as the belief that Marijuana, in and of itself, causes harm to the community. Despite the fact that numerous tests, studies, experts, medical doctors, biologists, professors, and every day working class Joe's all find themselves led to to the same conclusion: That Marijuana is the least of our worries and does no damage, in any way, to anyone. Actually, all studies find quite the contrary. They find that Marijuana has shown great merit and value in the medicinal world.
    Look around you. See the martyrs in the media. See the citizens willing to be WRONGFULLY imprisoned for their right to simply govern what they do with their own body. See the families that get torn limb from limb by the DEA and face wrongful imprisonment for non-violent crimes. 45,000+ Marijuana offenders in Federal prisons are not with their families. 45,000+ Federal Marijuana offenders are being taken care of by taxpayer dollars, rather than being on the other side of things and SUPPLYING those taxpayer dollars. Reformation and regulation are knocking at your door and it is high time that we had a leader that would openly stand up for the rights of the people, rather than further the agenda of the politicians. IT IS OUR BODY. OUR RIGHT. OUR COUNTRY. OUR LIFE. The Cannabis subculture will NOT sit idly by and let the lies be spread anymore. We are tired of being discriminated against for our own, personal choices that affect no one but ourselves. You will soon be faced with a choice: Lie to the cameras and the people for the sake of the DEA's funding and let the imprisonment and civil disobedience continue, or be a LEADER and do what is right by the general population and go down in history for providing major contribution to ridding this nation of politicians who seek only to further their careers. Surely you understand that Marijuana Prohibition tears every fabric of Constitutional Rights that hold this country together? This is what we want, Mr. Obama. It is not the government's right to take these fundamental liberties from us. I urge you to watch "The Union - The Business Behind Getting High." It is a legalization documentary, easily found on You-tube. You, as the President of this country, owe it to all the people to be well-informed on the reality of this situation. If you take nothing from this letter but that, once again, please watch the documentary. You will find it unbiased, informative, and backed by medical and scientific evidence, professional opinion, and the general consensus of the vast majority. All facts in the video are easily verified through publicly available documentation. Please, Mr. President, help us as a nation stop this unnecessary and ineffective war on innocent taxpayers, voters, and soldiers. Help us end the war against our brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, and uncles. Help us to be the nation we should be. Help us bring the majority opinion of the public, finally, into Congress.

2. I really enjoyed it, great way of expressing many Americans' views on the plant. Its comforting to know that there's people out there putting in the time and effort to contribute to the cause.

3. You dont really think he reads them do you?

4. There are people in the Administration's staff paid specifically to go through anything that comes through.

Granted, it doesn't guarantee that he, specifically, will read it. It does, however, mean it will be read by someone in the right place with the right amount of authority.

5. You need to write to your congressman, instead of people who are paid to make sure there's no anthrax in the envelope then throw it in a pile with the rest of them.

6. +rep for taking initiative

7. Exactly. Every small action makes a difference. Awesome work OP.

8. You are going to have FBI surveillance vans outside your house now

9. Haha thanks guys. I actually am in the process of writing to all my applicable politicians. I'm in ATL so Gov. Perdue is next on my list then I start with the congressmen. I'll keep sending them too, until I get some kind of response.

10. yay, thanks for being proactive. ill come back and rep you when it lets me :)

11. Wish I could take the time to write all that out, great job OP!
    +rep

12. Thanks for the rep and support everbody! Everybody should get on board with this or if you want, feel free to change my letter to fit the situation and forward it to your local bigwigs. Also, anybody in the Southeast want to help me organize a demonstration in Atlanta, I'm happy to have help from everyone. With Prop 19 fast approaching, I think it's time we go for the kill. Legalization has been on the tips of everyones tongue and now's the perfect oppourtunity to make the finishing blow. Hell there was Prop 19 article in WSJ this morning

13. obama is the most lack luster black man in america, he's a spineless twat, along with every other politician that ever was or ever will be.

and oh yeah ur letters are checked for anthrax and then tossed aside so obama can read the "pray to jesus for me obama" letters

14. Agreed.

15. You guys honestly believe that I]]]][';\9op00000000000000000000000000r would go to Obama's personal inbox? I found that kinda thing out when I was 13 and emailed Bill Gates for a small business loan :rolleyes:

anyway, the point is, it get's to the administration. If, by some chance, my letter strikes a chord with WHOEVER reads it, it might find its way into the hands of someone more influential. A chance is all I'm really after. Sitting around and smoking all day doesn't get it legalized. I'm trying to do SOMETHING to help, as bleak as the situation might seem.

BTW, can you guys teach me how to forward anthrax as an attachment to an email? Apparently I'm missing something lol :smoke:

16. You guys honestly believe that I thought it would go to Obama's personal inbox? I found that kinda thing out when I was 13 and emailed Bill Gates for a small business loan :rolleyes:

anyway, the point is, it get's to the administration. If, by some chance, my letter strikes a chord with WHOEVER reads it, it might find its way into the hands of someone more influential. A chance is all I'm really after. Sitting around and smoking all day doesn't get it legalized. I'm trying to do SOMETHING to help, as bleak as the situation might seem.

BTW, can you guys teach me how to forward anthrax as an attachment to an email? Apparently I'm missing something lol :smoke:

17. nice job op, he may never see it....but someone will, and that is enough to make it worthwhile.

18. +rep, if only we culd all write a letter to our local and national leaders, imagine if everyone who sparked up in this country tmrw had the time to write a short simple letter, be kinda hard to ignore thousands and thousands of letters. itd be nice to print it on hemp paper too, wuldnt have to cut down half of the forests in north and south america to do so.

19. Agreed. I think the trouble is most folks just kinda gave up :( There's plenty of things we can do to get it legalized. Hell we could have it legalized by the end of next year but we"ll never be able to get that many people to kick up a ruckus lol. Todays lesson: Do what you gotta do to get the W :smoke: