Just don't look as healthy as other 10 day sprouts? Please take a look !

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sportieeeee, Nov 8, 2017.

1. IMG_7198.JPG IMG_7201.JPG IMG_7202.JPG IMG_7203.JPG IMG_7204.JPG IMG_7205.JPG

My set up is :

Fox Farms Soil

Vivosun 2x4 grow tent

( 2) 300 watt Viparspecta lights ( only using one light until plants get bigger) light 18 inches away

Carbon exhaust with vivosun fan blowing external

Vivosun Fan blowing fresh air internal

Small fan blowing inside tent

Using distilled water ph around 6.8

Also have Fox Farm Nutes such as Big Grow, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. (but haven't used any as of yet)

Temp between 74 to 78
    Humidity 40 to 45

ANY IDEAS OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT. They do seem small compared to what I see online. Have notice some very tiny brown spots on some. Should I be Worried

2. Some just take a while. I think they will pull out of it once they get their feet planted. Maybe try raising your light a little. My 300w light is currently over 2' above my sprouts. Just an idea anyway. I usually give them very little light at this stage. Just enough where they won't stretch too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. They're fine. Fox Farms can be harsh when it starts out sometimes cause it has so many nutes already in it. Some of them look overwatered. Let em dry out and maybe move the light a lil farther away so they can stretch a tad.

I usually cut fox farms by 50% with pearlite and coco so the nutes dont mess with the seeds as much.

Also try to get it to about 70-75 degrees constant. Swinging temps can stress the girls.

All in all they're lookin good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok I'll do that, better safe than sorry.

5. Your the 2nd that's mentioned pearlite to me, gonna look in to that. As far as the temp I've been trying my best. Gets cold hear at night and warm during the day so trying to get that swing under control. Thanks for the advice

6. I use ocean forest and add around 30% perilite to it. It can be a little hot for seedlings, but mine have always been fine after a couple weeks. When you transplant out of the solo cup into fresh soil, it will have fresh nutrients in it. So you don't need to add any for a month or so

7. Ok sounds good and as far as the transplant, I've read once the leaves reach the rim of the solo cup is a good time for transplanting?? When do you decide to transplant?? And I plan to transplant into a 3 gal pot.

8. first grow!
    mine is 10 to 15 days
    grown under single leds both get 30w only but its growing very healthy
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-07 at 10.56.32 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-07 at 5.05.14 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-07 at 5.06.03 PM.jpeg

:Love-Plant:

Attached Files:

9. Check to ur RH. It should a but higher as seedling, like 60-70%RH. I messed up some by NOT keeping RH at proper % as seedlings. Quick fix get a hydrometer it's like 7-8$ put a plastic bag over the solo cups to simulate a "greenhouse effect" good luck

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

10. #10 Bravedave, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Raise the light??? Nawwww. Its a 300W LED (which means it is probably about 140W actual) It is already at 24". If anything it can be closer. I use a t5 for my seedlings but it is pretty much right on top of them and once they move to being under my 600W they are still always closer than 2 feet. Trying to force a stretch on a seedling like this one is silly and ultimately counter-productive.
    I agree with raising the RH. If you are using a dehumidifier, stop. Plants like higher RH. Find yourself a VPD chart. Oh and RH is checked with a "hygrometer" not a "hydrometer". Once flowering back that RH down to around 50%. If the current 40% RH is the ambient value...yeah you could look at ways to increase (like the baggie idea). I generally do not "dome" but water via spritzing daily and that seems to be enough. I personally do not worry about RH until 3 weeks into flower.
    Temperture swings causing stress??? Certainly not in the range you provided. People forget that this weed has survived in the wild for a few thousand years. They are not neurotic teenage girls.
    Distilled water???? Not only lacks minerals but generally also is low on Oxygen. Not a real good choice. Your tap is probably fine.
    Transplant???? I would not until you know the roots are firmly established in the cup. You have holes at the bottom, right? You will see roots popping out...once you do I would still give them a week before transplanting. I start out in clear solo cups that I slide into opaque ones. This allows me to witness the root growth without dumping the plant out of the cup.
    And yes the Fox Farm soil is probably too hot for those babies. Best to go with something close to inert (like peat) when they are starting out. This is probably the reason for your discoloration...but if they continue to grow...you will probably be fine.
    Do not overwater.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Next time fill your cups to the top with soil. Like mentioned on above post it’s good to use a clear solo then put it in a colored solo so you can see the root system and how they’re growing. Make sure you have enough drainage holes at the bottom.

12. What works for one may not always work for another. I'm not saying he has to raise his light but in my case I can't put my 300w any lower than 2' or my tender seedlings take a beating. I do agree that there is no sense in trying to make them stretch. Otherwise your left with a floppy mess that can barely support itself

13. R
    Read everything and taking advice.
    Thanks so much for the response