Just Do It

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GovtSucks, Aug 21, 2006.

1. I urge you all to find a friend, any friend who happens to live an active life with God in it and consult them about faith. They will teach you and point you in the right direction. You do not have to be a perfect person to have a relationship with God. Anybody can and you will be accepted. You know I used to just go to church to go through the motions. Please the parents. Blah blah blah, until recently my cousin stepped into my life and has helped tremendously. Honestly, I feel God by me, with me. Dont take this as a bunch of phony talk. I am serious about knowing that God is there and is constantly helping us all out. Since I have grown in faith I have developed such a feeling that it undescribable but definitely real and well. Try it. Give Him a shot. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

--Thanks

2. Peer pressure k

3. god is wikid....i dnt go to chuctch and believe i fo veodm

4. I agree with what you said Gov'tSucks. I used to go to church often when I was younger but I stopped for a number of reasons but not once did I ever lose my relationship with God. When you accept God and you do FOR REAL-- you develop a relationship that makes it easy to go through life because you know no matter how things turn out, if your patient-- God will help you land on your feet. No I'm not even blazed or anything right now. I know alot of you on here will laugh and I just feel sorry that you can't see what I see. But it is still possible... so if you ever wanted to get closer to God... its up to you.

5. Thanks, but no thanks.

6. I'm glad to see some blades here that have an honest relationship with God.

Dredstar, I could probably guess why you stopped going to church. I did too for a long time. It's hard to find a church that is truly in touch with God. But I'm glad to hear that your relationship didn't faulter.

Glad ya'll are here.

7. ...That was a bit uncalled for.

8. my religious friend and me had some deep conversations with me about this subject... im atheist and hes religious. He didnt change me.

9. :laughing:

10. Eh, I have more mature things to deal with.

Thanks for your input, though.

11. What is so immature about laughing? Even the most mature of the mature laugh every now and then at something that is funny.

12. God is the beautiful feeling i get after smokin the greenz. your not god, your church isnt god. MY dick is god. i create life right? well i did create one life. so in a sense im god. were all god if we all reproduced.

wow im rambling. but yea churchs r evil yaddy yaddy god isnt real ect...\end athiest rant

13. just bc. I do talk to people of faith a lot. It's one of my passions. To know how someone feels about something so profound and why they believe what they do. My mom's been a pastor for several years now and I grew up very involved in a youth group a good one too we did tons of shit. The problem was the only parts I really liked were helping people. Feeding the homeless on sunday mornings. Missions trips, I've been on some real good ones helping people, connecting with a lot of people. I was only connecting with people though, not god. For a time I thought I was connecting with god, but that was just a temporary fix. I really liked a lot of things about attending church and being involved with some christian groups; however, in the end it's just under false pretenses, I believe. I went to church last week for my older sister's baptism (she's born-again), my mother was the one who baptised her. I felt good being there again, it's a comfortable familiar place that will have a soft spot in my heart always. I miss a lot of people from church. I spent a lot of time with them. They are like family. I still try to talk to some of them when I can.

14. I interpreted that as mocking, more than laughing.

However, I Apoligize if I'm wrong.

15. FlowerChild.... well the reason/s I stopped going to church was I just saw alot of people pretending. I'm not saying I am the holiest of thou -- but I mean I would see people smile in church and then RIGHT after start bad mouthing those in church. Just didn't make sense. I realized that I could still talk to God, read the Bible, and have a relationship without the church ya know?? I don't know if it the most "holy" descision yet it has worked for me.

Its weird... I used to think that most people had faith and a stable relationship with God, however, as I have gotten older (jr in college), I realize its not the case. Kinda makes me feel bad.

16. As I thought.

Many churches have that hypocricy in them today. It's sad.

But I wasn't ragging on you or anything for it. I was just saying that you're not alone, I guess. You can still have a completely healthy relationship with God outside of church.

17. I tried that, too. Meh. I just think it's a one way relationship, with god. I prayed a lot, read the bible, but I never got the answers I was looking for. Still read the bible on occasion, it's pretty trippy reading material. Some damn good stories poems and advice in there.

18. Keep looking, brother. You never know when those answers may come.

I find that if I listen, I usually get answers to my prayers. They've even been known to come in the mailbox unaddressed by or to anyone.

That case is in the process of shaping my views amazingly.

19. if god tried to reach me that way id be on my knees worshipping that cunt. but that bitch seems like hes too busy helping out other people and there problems. guess were not all created equal huh. fuck god and his son