Just broke up with my gf..

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by reigninblood, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Over a text....I know it's pretty much the worst thing you can do, but I talked to a couple friends first, and I feel like I was given no other option...she texted me this morning an asked if I was still happy in the relationship...any answer other than "yes" would have led to a breakup over text, but answering yes would have been a lie, when I was just waiting until the next time I seen her in person to do it face to face and look her in the eye to break up with her...so I know it's a shitty thing to do, but I honestly felt like I had no other option.

We've been dating since July, and she ha already been talking about kids, living together, etc, and I told her no where in the near future. I have a two year old now, and I guess she thought because I had one kid that I would have more with just anyone at anytime. However my ex relationship turned extremely sour, and basically I've been completely turned off to any ideas of more children, or marriage, or anything like that, and she started a big fight with me (of course while I was drunk) about it...she also started a fight with me the other night because she wanted to have sex an I didn't, and she ended up crying. This was 1130 at night, and I have to wake up every morning at 6am for work, so I was trying to get to sleep...she is super super stage 5 clinger, as well as extremely insecure (going through my phone, and was very obviously insecure bout the fact I had a kid with someone else, and that her mother and I would have a certain type of relationship for the rest of our lives..)

Does this make me a horrible person?

2. no you aren't. I broke up with my ex over a text just because I wanted to end all the BS, which seems exactly like what you did

3. breaking up over text is the future. you're good bro.

4. The sincerity of breaking up over text is still debatable. But you did what you need to. I think you did the right thing in your situation.

5. I was broken up with over an e-mail before.

At least you didn't take that road I guess.

6. That's pretty cold man, especially for like a 7 month relationship - don't get me wrong, you are well with in your rights to drop her if your not feeling it but doing it by text is quite rough. Your post in this thread would have been longer than your text to her - a conversation, even by phone would have allowed you to say your piece and explain to her why you don't wanna be a part of it.

7. Sounds like she kind backed you into a corner with that one. She should have asked that in person so you could have broken up with her in person. It would be different if you just randomly texted her breaking up.

8. ^Agreed. Not your fault man.

9. The only ppl that bitch about being broken up via txt msg are the ppl that want to ream you out for nothing more then you not wanting to be with them.

Regardless of the media, the message is clear, it has been stated, and it's time to move on.
    glhf

10. [quote name='"Sir Tokes Alot"']Sounds like she kind backed you into a corner with that one. She should have asked that in person so you could have broken up with her in person. It would be different if you just randomly texted her breaking up.[/quote]

That's exactly how I felt, backed into a corner. Everyone that knows me, knows I am brutally honest, it literally took me about an hour to reply to her question, trying to balance honest with the right thing to do in the situation.

[quote name='"Kupkake"']The only ppl that bitch about being broken up via txt msg are the ppl that want to ream you out for nothing more then you not wanting to be with them.

Regardless of the media, the message is clear, it has been stated, and it's time to move on.
    glhf[/quote]
    I have to agree with this. I know if I was being broken up with, I would actually prefer a text instead of somewhere public. Save me the humiliation of everyone knowing I just got dumped, and the extreme awkwardness followed by someone telling me they don't want to be with me anymore but still in my presence.

I have agreed to meet with her face to face to talk about things, I figured I owe her that much. And I made it very clear that there will be no getting back together.

11. keep you're pimp hand strong player.

12. If you feel that it's something that might help her with it, then all the power to ya man. My GF and I of 9 years tomorrow (yeah..) we broke up once, an I swore to her on that day I wouldnt go back out with if not on sheer principle alone.

Well here I am.. 9 yrs later.
    Don't make everything so black/white. Sometimes things are best that way, but I told her... "This isn't the end, If its meant to be, then it's gonna be, regardless of what we do or don't do."

13. Meh. It's not the best method but at least you got it over with.

14. [quote name='"Kupkake"']

If you feel that it's something that might help her with it, then all the power to ya man. My GF and I of 9 years tomorrow (yeah..) we broke up once, an I swore to her on that day I wouldnt go back out with if not on sheer principle alone.

Well here I am.. 9 yrs later.
    Don't make everything so black/white. Sometimes things are best that way, but I told her... "This isn't the end, If its meant to be, then it's gonna be, regardless of what we do or don't do."[/quote]

Oh definitely, I'm not counting anything out in the future, but I know right now it's not the road to take. I know I have issues I new to work on myself, and I still need to figure out who I am, and what I want out of life/girlfriend.