Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just bought a small crock pot for cooking

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Willyum, Jan 24, 2012.

1. I used to use my big crock pot to make cannaoil/cannapeanut butter but it is heavy and bulky and too big for the job. I got a gift card for Meijer for xmas and wasnt sure what to spend it on so I got this. 1.5 quart slow cooker. I used it for the first time with abv and oil. Testing the first batch as I type this. It reduces the smell versus stove top cooking. The only thing I dont like about this is the lid, it fits quite loose on the ceramic. the biggest plus to this is I PAID 10 DOLLARS FOR IT. They say it gets to the temp of the of a low setting crock pot but plug this puppy in and it gets HOT.
    [​IMG]

2. I also use one of these to heat my sbv and coconut oil. Works great! I hate running out of cannaoil tho cuz it takes a couple months to get enough abv for more. I use the oil in recipes, mix it in hot chocolate, put it in capsules etc.. Its extremely versatile and its about the best sleeping medication ever!

3. Nice new present:) Be careful when cooking oils or butters in your new crock, I have read quite a bit about these new slow cookers, apparently they get hotter then the old ones, which ruins peoples food and precious THC, Dont forget to report back with your first bath:)

4. That looks alot like the same crockpot I bought for making oil but mine is a GTC brand with 3 settings. My big crockpot was just to big. Yes the crock pot was to hot when making a small 1/2 cup of oil with weed.I used a candy thermometor and was putting it on for 30 minuets then off for 30 mins to maintain temp. Stepped up to making 1 3/4 cup oil added to weed and now on warm it maintains a steady 235 give or take a little. The little pot has 3 settings high, med, warm. High and medium are way to hot. Old school Hooch.

5. Damn thats really nice for 10 bucks, I recently just bought some more paraphernalia like a digital scale for 10 bucks fits in my pocket. Whiped it on my dealer today so glad instead of 3.5 for an 1.8th he gives me 4.0 of dank :).

6. do any of you use abv? whats your recipes?

7. Reminds me of the 7 dollar Walmart one I got, it works miracles. I would advise using med-high temps only for getting things started [melting butter, warming up oil], and not for prolonged cooking. I only use Low when it comes to that.

8. I don't have access to a scale. How much abv would fit in a bathroom size Dixie cup? Is that enough to use with 12 oz of food grade glycerin to make that tincture in a crock pot? Thanks for any help.

9. I'd say 6-7g fully ground abv.

10. Thanks

11. What kind of capsules do you use?
    Thanks