Just bought a new 70” Vizio...why isn’t it working correctly?

Discussion in 'General' started by bomattt, Nov 17, 2018.

1. So I just bought a badass tv. It said on the box it has a 240hz refresh rate, but when I’m switching through the hd channels, it looks like it’s on 60hz. What the hell is going on? Is it only if the tv provider, in this case spectrum supports 240hz? Will it be 240hz with streaming services? I’m a little disappointed I’m not seeing the ultra smooth frame rate.

Does anyone know how I can correct this?

2. In America the electricity is 60Hz, which means it cycles 60 times a second, maybe that's what you are seeing.

3. The hz isn't the quality but how fast it refreshes the image. The faster the rate the less motion blur you get. High refresh is best for sports or fast action gaming. 720p 1080p and 4k are picture clarity or quality. I have a 65" Sony Bravia 4k and it is crystal clear....

4. By the title I thought you bought some fancy new vape.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That’s what I’m saying. At 240 I should see less motion blur. That’s why I bought this tv. It looks like it’s on 60. And I can’t find the setting.

6. Shouldn't be any setting it will always be on 240hz but I haven't heard much good about vizio either

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. probably depends on the broadcast from your TV provider
    try loading up the smart TV features and get youtube running, try a youtube video in 4k/60fps (still not 120hz+)
    I dont know much outside video games that use such high refresh rates.
    You could also try a bluray or something.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Try watching videos from other sources, that will tell you if the problem is your tv or if it is isolated to spectrum picture quality. My is an off-brand 52" with 4k, hdr, and 240hz and I get very little motion blur if any, but I use a roku 4k ultra and watch directvnow, netflix, hulu, and so forth. Vizio normally makes mid range televisions that are a good value and show good quality. They had a bad rep in the first few years, as many new electronics companies do, but grew largely based on their value and quality. We are also talking about electronics, and even the best manufacturers have a certain percentage of lemons that make it through to sales floors.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Thanks guys. Yeah I’m gonna try to load up some of the smart tv apps see what happens.

10. So guess what, I started looking at the box and it’s only 120hz!! I over looked it! It confused me because it says “clear action 240” and under it says “120hz refresh rate”. Took a picture of it. But yeah, I’m an idiot. Damn it. I should return it but it was such a good deal and it was such a pain in the ass getting it here I might as well just keep it.

Attached Files:

11. E series is the low range for that model lineup. Not saying it's a crap TV - probably looks just great. But if you're into seriously critical viewing in terms of 4k, yada yada, you should have probably gone with the M-70.