Just bought a conduction vaporizer - help please

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by canucks, Jan 14, 2010.

1. #1 canucks, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    I'm out of town visiting my sister and we went to this bargain shop and to our surprise we walked into aisles of those big glass jewelery cases stuffed so full of pipes, bongs, and other perophenelia.

Anyway I brought some money on this trip but wasn't intending to spend a big chunk on a pipe or bong. I've always wanted a vaporizer and this store had about 5 or 6 different models. They had one for $200, one for $150, a couple for around a $100, and then a nice little portable one for $80. So I baragianed with the guy a bit and walked out with it for $55.

The brand is Top-Vapor VP200. After a little research when I got home I found out that maybe it wasn't such a great purchase. It is a conduction style vaporizer with the heating plate you put your product on and that this is actually much older technology then nowadays vaporizers. I've never had one or sued one so I had no knowledge on vaporizers prior to my purchase.

So pretty much I'm a little dissapointed now and am scared this is no more then a fancy pipe or bong. All I want to know is can you, with enough patience, get a conduction style vaporizer to perform as well or close to as well as a convection style one? From what I read the VP200 is a higher end model of conduction, it has a temperature control knob(not digital), and is more efficient than other conduction models. Are convection and conduction vaporizers black and white in comparison to how well they perform, can conduction be as good as convection styles?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot guys

2. The only good conduction style vaporizer is the Launch Box. Any other will be very poor compared to convection vaporizers.

3. Ahhh dang that sucks. Anyone else have any success at all with conduction vaporizers?? Feel like I just through $55 away

4. Sell it on craigslist for $55. Spread the love, haha.