Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just ate 5.5g of Raw Abv

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Foglers, Aug 5, 2012.

1. if you read my post again you will see i said 'not only because it tastes better', i should have followed that up with 'but because'. English isn't my native language, but i reckon most people who read that, understand what i mean. And in case i'm not clear: i'm saying it will taste better AND be more potent.

And like i already stated, do you think all those people would go trough the effort of making edibles when they could just swallow a decarbed nug? Some still would for the taste, many would be more than happy to chug down a nug with some soda.

There have been many debates about this, and the conclusion of all those debates is that while eating decarbed bud (or abv) works, making cannabutter/oil with decarbed (or in this case vaped) bud will provide better effects. Like BKS has stated numerous times

2. Yeah, thanks for clearing up. I think in the case of AVB, a simple firecracker will do, i feel that oil recipes and butter recipes are more for fresh greens.

3. The whole point of eating raw avb is because it provides a nice edible high WITHOUT having to use an oven.

If you're eating raw avb AND have access to an oven, then you're just being lazy ha.

4. [quote name='"Foglers"']

Well of course I would have done that if it were an option.

But for people like me, who dont have access to oven, this is a great alternative to get a nice edible high.[/quote]

No toaster oven? Or hot plate?

You can still make oil without an oven.

5. [quote name='"JoeObey"']

At first you say the only reason for cooking is personal taste, then you go on to say it would be more powerful when cooked; it wouldn't. In the case of raw buds, yes, because they're not decarbed. I'm not saying it shouldn't be eaten with fatty food, it should, but it doesn't need to be blended with heat. Any fatty food cold mixed with AVB will get maximum benefits.[/quote]

Making oil will make it more potent. Making the oil isn't what decarbs the bud. It simply gets the thc into a state that is more available to your body. When making oil with fresh bud, you decarb before it ever touches oil.

Eating raw will work, just a waste of potency.

6. unless of one the resident chefs confirms this,
    im calling bs.

7. Eating raw will work and won't be a waste of potency. YES, i agree, with raw green buds, decarbing is necessary and so is cooking; so it has a fat soluble to bind with. However, in the case of AVB, which has already had heat applied, a simple sprinkling into some fatty snack will still reach max potency, i don't think heat and cooking is a necessary step with 'AVB'. Just will make it a lot more pleasant.

8. [quote name='"JoeObey"']

Eating raw will work and won't be a waste of potency. YES, i agree, with raw green buds, decarbing is necessary and so is cooking; so it has a fat soluble to bind with. However, in the case of AVB, which has already had heat applied, a simple sprinkling into some fatty snack will still reach max potency, i don't think heat and cooking is a necessary step with 'AVB'. Just will make it a lot more pleasant.[/quote]

No. It's more bio available when cooked.

Activation is step one. Bio availability is step 2. Without cooking, you're relying on your body being able to pull the glandular material into your cells. Which isn't easy, unless they are piggybacking on a source of oil. Which may be in your body recently from a fatty meal, but that action is limited.

Infuse it into oil, your body will easily absorb the material since the glandular material had sufficient enough time to bind to the oil source.

9. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

No. It's more bio available when cooked.

Activation is step one. Bio availability is step 2. Without cooking, you're relying on your body being able to pull the glandular material into your cells. Which isn't easy, unless they are piggybacking on a source of oil. Which may be in your body recently from a fatty meal, but that action is limited.

Infuse it into oil, your body will easily absorb the material since the glandular material had sufficient enough time to bind to the oil source.[/quote]

The doc nailed it dead on...

+rep

10. So you're saying Oil will get best best results? Is it going to be more potent than any type of edible made with just basic fatty recipes?

11. [quote name='"JoeObey"']

So you're saying Oil will get best best results? Is it going to be more potent than any type of edible made with just basic fatty recipes?[/quote]

Not more potent then it has the capabilities of being.. But higher fat will draw out more thc.. Look in the stickies, but Peanut Butter is one of the best things to use..

12. actually peanut butter is one of the worst (or at least lesser) solvents because it only has about 30-50% fat. The reason a lot of people use it, is because you can instantly eat your pb after infusing (and quick preparation time, like for firecrackers). It would be more effective to use butter/coconut oil, but not many people like to eat this raw. Firecrackers are so popular because they are quick and simple, not because they are the best edibles out there.

13. [quote name='"JoeObey"']

So you're saying Oil will get best best results? Is it going to be more potent than any type of edible made with just basic fatty recipes?[/quote]

Oil yes. Specifically coconut oil. Mtc oils like that are perfect for absorption in the body. Plus coconut oil is very good for you.

Throw some soy lechitin in and your set.

14. I always make oil with the lecithin because I can make it super potent by using the same oil in new batches of avb. I then either cook with it or make capsules or both. Either way, not eating the actual avb is nice.