Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just ate 3 grams of ABV

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HerbJedenTag, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Put 3 grams of ABV into a smoothie. Last time I tried this, 2 weeks ago, I only put one gram in and I got high for a couple hours so Im excited to see whats going to go down with this kind of dose!

Will report back if I can in a few hours.

2. Why you gotta make us wait :(

3. Just curious but are you doing anything with the ABV to get it to absorb into a fat so your body can metabolize it?

Damn did I just sound smart?!

I didn't think just mixing in weed - ABV at that into food would do anything, it needs to bind to a oil or fat. The smoothie may infact have enough of said things but I don't know.

Seriously the most important question is what flavor smoothie?

4. The thc is already activated when you vape it, so im assuming you could just eat a handfull of it and it'd work? I dunno, but your right about the fats and oils

5. #5 HerbJedenTag, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    Hello all, been about 45 minutes or somewhere round there. Feeling a little buzz but amazing pain relief! Last time it took around 2 hours to kick in so ill just wait.

Oh and the flavor of the smoothie is strawberry banana.

Edit: Oh and to the guy who was asking about fats and oils, the guy above me just got it about right. When you vape weed the THC is activated so it doesn't need to bond or anything although I believe it is more efficient to do so. This just worked for me well last time so I thought Id give it a shot. d

6. OH god I feel it kicking in

[​IMG]

7. Everything is pulsing

8. [quote name='"Shaaaft"']Just curious but are you doing anything with the ABV to get it to absorb into a fat so your body can metabolize it?

Damn did I just sound smart?!

I didn't think just mixing in weed - ABV at that into food would do anything, it needs to bind to a oil or fat. The smoothie may infact have enough of said things but I don't know.

Seriously the most important question is what flavor smoothie?[/quote]

if he used milk in his smoothie it should be good...i think. people use milk when they make stem tea

i have been saving up my vapor poo for shit like this, probably got a quarter by now

9. yes milk was used

10. Glandular material is notoriously hard to break down in the body. You can do it, and if you have enough of fat in your system there is a chance some of the goodies can attach to the fatty acyl chains, but it's not nearly as effective as procesing the AVB into an oil source first with heat, allowing the cannabinoids bind to the fat so that your body can easily break it down and absorb.

Adding it to something fatty right before eating only ups the chances that there is more fat present when you're body trying to dissolve the glandular material to get to the cannabinoids. It doesn't mean it will combine, especially not without heat or the time to process it.

It still works, but tolerance is a major factor, as well as diet and how your body processes the glandular material.

Remember, you need activation + bioavailability to make a potent edible. Activation is very important, but not the only step.

Regardless, it can still work. But the results can be disappointing and inconsistent.

11. This sounds interesting. I might try this one day.

12. so i can dump my container of avb in a thing of yogurt and ill get high right? cause it has fats to
    bond to?

13. I never knew AVB could be directly added to edibles, no activation needed? Might have to invest in a MFLB after this pay check. :)

14. i wonder how high OP got? i made a 3gramABV peanuttbutter and jelly sandwhich and let me tell you i was fighting to hold it together lol

15. invest in a PAX vaporizer shit will gett you stoned on a small amount and the bud afterwards isnt totally brown

16. I just moved out of town and I'm not really acquainted with my LHS (if we even have one) so I'll get whatever kind I can! Online purchases don't work for me either.

17. you cant just dump it in and eat
    you gotta either wait a while after dumping it, like a very long while a few days probably
    other way is heating it which speeds up bonding

without those youre losing a bunch of thc that isnt processed

18. It would already be activated when you put it through the vape

19. i thought that just decarbs it

the bud still needs to bind with the fat molecules or something to be active for digestion

20. That's what I thought too. IIRC vaping is essentially decarbing it and you decarb before you bond it with a fat.