Just anotha Grow Thread

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by zeeto85, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Your plants look good my friend keep it up.

As for your CFL's you could have flowered your plants with them, it would have taken a bit longer and the outcome would not be that of a 54k lumen hps but I have gotten a little less then an oz from CFL's(2x42watts 5400 lumens) when I first got into growing MJ so it is possible. Do not get discouraged by what people say if you are new to it all just try it. Take one of your clones(i think i read you have them) and try blooming them under your CFL's and see what happens. If you decide to give this a try do some research on low stress training.

good luck my friend. -òeg

2. So based upon the post above mine, I assume I can still safely take clones without majorly stunting plant growth right? I mean, I thought it was flowering 'cause of those pistils, but then again there are only two visible pistils on the plant and it's in the pics above.

The conclusion i'm trying to draw from all this is that they were on 12/12 just enough to show pistils, but not enough to burst into full flowering. Is this correct? I had her on 24/0 indoors for 2 months then switched her to 12/12 for 2 weeks, then put her outside. If this baby's still veggin then that would be great to be able to take more cuttings from her and clone the ever living hell outta her. One of my other main plants was found knocked over flowerpot and all and laying out on the ground with roots exposed! :(:(:( So Clones would be wonderful. If I do cut clones then I can still put them outside, right? Or is it too late for that?

Also: I figured up that she is gettin about 14 hours (6:30-8:30) here in VA. Is this enough for her to full blown flower or what? I thought it was 12/12 but the pistils are confusin me! Main question: is she flowering or what?

Please forgive this first-time grower for his shower of questions
    Thanks!

3. you can take clones when a plant is fully flowering it is never too late to take clones if the plant is in full flower the clones will just have to reveg.

after a plant is alive for a month+ it starts to show what we call preflowers. they are signs of sex before flowering and I'm guessing that is what your plant is doing.

she's just lifting her skirt man chill :D

4. whew thanks, I was freakin out. +Rep for helpin out!

Anyways, I'm going to be cutting a few clones today and replotting my grow site. I tried shaving a bar of soap in the perimeter of my grow site and hopefully that will deter some of the wild life that's been having so much fun with my plants.

Will Post Pics of grow site soon. Thanks errbody

5. Update!

I have cut some clones from my babies and I have some pics of the grow site!

Attached Files:

6. GROW SITE

Comments?

Attached Files:

7. looking good man hope your clones work out for you. if you are haveing trouble with insects eating your crop get some insecticide that can be used on food plants like something that is good for tomatos can be used on your MJ plants. Also hempcultivation.com has some awesome DIY tea's.personaly I would use google and find something I could make myself. late, -òeg

8. I dont know if I would be taking that advice!!!!!! Remember guys you dont smoke tomato....What ever the warning label says does not apply to pot. Think of a bud as a sponge it is going to suck up all those chemicals. Now a tomato on the other hand as a protective skin. Point being Check out Spanish FLys recipes he has the best organic shit around!

Good luck!

9. protective skin or not big guy all plants absorb through there leaves also so if you are spraying something on a tomato, watermelon, marijuana, paotie, flower and or a tree its going to absorb it via the leaves also. plants cellular structure is very "water" thin. so my advice was well placed.

Dwg - did you use something to help your clones root?

10. yes I used schultz take root. It seems to work pretty well with all the clones ive done before. Thanks for the info people! I will use some sort of organic formula to insecticide the place.

11. Hello, it's been a long time since I've updated this thread. Big shout out to the message board for not auto-pruning this yet!:p

Anyway, the reason I haven't posted on this in a while is because things have been smooth sailin' since last time I posted. I now have buds growing out on every node and I even caught a male before any damage was done. To say the least, it looks to be some very good pot...

I started this grow on april 11th of this year and it was started indoors by using Compact Flourescent Lights on the first few weeks and then was switched outdoor. Today they are doin fantastic:D:hello:. Here are some pictures of my babies from 2 weeks ago. I will add more recent pics shortly.

I know the stem structure looks weak, but I have them tied to vegetable posts to support the bud weight :p.
    Big thanks to everyone who helped out and answered my questions!

Attached Files:

12. *mouth waters* I cant wait till harvest! Expected date: September 21st.

Attached Files:

13. Good Luck with the Flowering.

Did you ever get some new lights??

14. theyve been outside for 2 and a half months and will stay outside until harvest

15. DWG, is there a light nearby at night? Seems like its flowering and veggin on and off.

How long has it been in flower now?

you say 21st september thats just 3 weeks away and that doesnt even look like its a week into flowreing yet.

16. It seems like the buds are growing bigger and bigger every day... BTW, those pictures are from 2 weeks ago... the buds are at least the size of a dime (coin) each and are on EVERY node. do you think that sept 21st is too early to harvest? That is supposed to be the first frost here in VA. Is it possible that I will have to move it back inside and provide light for it in order to get the full potential or what?

17. Well nevermind. I went and checked on them today and the tops are all forming into colas. Plus the tips of the hairs on top of the plant have become notably reddish/orange and I will watch the trichromes to determine when to harvest. I will post pics when this day comes:wave:.

-DwG