Just anotha Grow Thread

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by zeeto85, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Hi, I just started a couple of plants 6 days ago. They're all bagseed but the weed i got the seeds from was dank as hell. My current setup is one 26 watt Compact Flourescent aimed about 3 inches above the plants. They are planted in a fertilized medium of rich black soil.

Sorry I didn't compare the cups in the picture to a lighter or something but to give you an idea of how big the cups are, it's about the diameter of a golf ball.

Here's some pics, My Question: Do you think I should transfer them to larger pots or could they last for another week in these little cups?

Also sorry for the picture quality!

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      91.8 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      83.3 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      69.7 KB
      Views:
  2. MORE LIGHT, MORE LIGHT, MORE LIGHT. Wait on a transfer, with that little light I'm sure they have poor root structure now.

3. I'm adding two more 26watt CFLs to the mixture. Any more suggestions?

4. more lightttt and a little bit closer

5. sttttttttttttrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeetttttchhhhhh......... you should need to transfer untill you got 5set fan leaves comming in

6. What they all said but you need to get that light closer so they dont stretch so much!

lookin good tho.

7. I transferred to a 510 Lumens 18" flourescent lamp. Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      18 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      16.1 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      16.6 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      19.3 KB
      Views:
  8. added two more 1600 more lumens through 2 more CFLs... comments?

9. Thanks to the moderators for not closing the thread! 2 months later, they're on 24 hour lighting. Updates Below!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      72.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      91.4 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      90.1 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      76.8 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      75.4 KB
      Views:
  10. Please post your comments!

The small ones are clones.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      79.9 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      84.3 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      85.7 KB
      Views:
  11. *bump* Can anybody give me some suggestions/comments? C'mon grasscity dont leave me hangin'! :rolleyes:

It's currently set up in a cabinet with 2 ft x 4 ft. The lighting consists of 3 seperate 850 Lumens Compact Flourescent Lights, which are suspended about approximately 1"-2" away from the plant depending on the angle. In the backdrop of all this lighting, there is an extra 800-Lumen tube-style flourescent light which was made using a black light fixture (without the black light of course).

There is a constant circulation of air, a miniature fan has been placed in the corner of the grow space to create some air flow, this has shown to be very benificial! It has allowed me to lower my lights to a level that was impossible before due to heat issues.

They have been staying on 24/0 light for 2 months. No fertilizer has been used and it's growing in a schultz potting soil medium. Another thing I have noticed is that transferring the plants to bigger pots has had absolutely no negative effect, which makes me like to think that they're "strong" plants.

There are 3 main plants and 9 healthy clones squeezed into this setup.

Question: is it just me or are they looking a little skimp for 2 months of vegging?

Question: Should the clones be put in a different lighting other than 24/0? I thought that they are supposed to be flowering, so wouldnt that mean I should switch them to 12/12?

If you can think of any improvements upon this setup then please comment~!

12. You can flower them whenever u feel they are large enough by switching to 12/12 lighting. I would suggest getting some ferts in there to give them a bit of a boost before you start flowering

13. Your plants are lookin like beanstalks because you have insufficient lighting.

you should make a box so you can enclose your plants. .

should've done an 18/6 schedule for lighting. . .

i would veg clones for a little bit. . . .then flower

your not using any ferts?

14. No, im not using any fertilizer, but will definitely be sure to from now on! On the bottle of fertilizer I bought today it says that you should fertilize the plant at least once a week.

Also, the plants have just recently been pruned. Does this explain the "beanstalk" look or should I try to put them in a smaller enclosure? Also, I've been thinking about adding some of that semi-reflective aluminum wallpaper to the walls of the box.

As far as lighting goes, would it be a good idea to put them outside during the day so they can get sunlight? I would be bringing them in during the afternoon and putting them back under my light setup. Would this be benificial?

Thanks for the replys :hello: :smoking:

15. don't spend any money on mylar. Just save up like 120 buck and get you an HPS.

you will see a drastic difference. Don't over fert, just do like 1/4 of what your

supposed to just to feel her out. GL

16. like everyone else said, more light. Except for the stretching and being bare, they look healthy. More light and you'll be amazed at the difference.

17. Thanks for the input guys. I have transferred them all outdoors and it had a positive effect from what I can see. Here's some pics of my main female.

Attached Files:

18. some more:hello:

Attached Files:

19. if you put them into flowering they're just gonna fall over when they start growing buds, if they grow any to begin with with such poor lighting..man i've got ~300 watts for 3 plants, and I just can't afford more..you deffinently need to massively upgrade your lighting situation before flowering...maybe even just a 150 watt hps or something, thats done me VERY well..and leave all your CFLS in there to add some help...good luck man

hey sorry i just noticd you moved them outside, thats great and they're looking MUCH better..i was posting based on your pictures in the first page :p sorry, anyways..if you're doing indoor again take my suggestions lol, good luck bro

20. Yes, indeed switching them outside was the best decision in my case. I couldn't afford lighting and don't have the space required anymore.

Thanks for the input