Just a stupid question about Adam and Eve

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by cowofsteel, May 26, 2003.

1. there are tons of "half" species living today. and the fossil record is also filled with "half" species. if someone wishes to i can post an entire huge reply with evidence of this. so that crappy attack on evolution is just not valid.

and how often do i have to say this, a scientific use of the word theory is way different from the layman version. yet somehow cottons *still* manage to lessen any scientific work by claiming "it's just a theory".

in scientific terms, a theory is as good as proven. there is nothing contradictory to it. the theory of gravity is pretty god damned solid. not to mention newtons theory of mechanics. einsteins theory of relativity. hell, even electricity is a theory. we haven't actually observed electrons.

the same goes for evolution. there is nothing that stands out and says, hey this is wrong! this theory is *solid*. so when bible-faithfulls claim that "god" created it all in only seven days, all we really can do is smile a bit at their ignorance.

2. ...and how many times do i have to tell you... i KNOW what a theory is "scientificly" speaking. my point is this... a theory by ANY definition IS NOT PROVEN FACT, but is generally accepted as truth due to there being evidence to support it...

and zylark. there is no need for a huge post. i want to see these "half fossils" not hear about them. you show me a half lizard half mammal, or a half dolphin/half land mammal. show me how a single-celled organism can magically generate more dna than it originally had to form a human. you can't. science hasn't even found the link between humans and chimps, and we're supposed to only be separated by a few minor dna differences.

hmm... that's funny... if there was nothing that stood out and said "hey this is wrong!" than how come it's not known as the fact of evolution? i'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are a lot of inconsistancies in evolution... so to say that it's a solid theory is inaccurate.

3. ha. a million people? i can name 2 people who both gave DIFFERENT prophecies about what's going to be happening at ONE certain point in time... and guess what... the prophecies are coming true. now... about these two people... 1 is Jesus, the other is Paul. they never met while Jesus was alive, and paul knew nothing of Jesus' prophecies concerning the end times. now, they both gave prophecies concerning the condition of the world and what was going to be going on before the rapture takes place. both writers' prophecies (remember... they gave DIFFERENT prophecies) are coming true, or already have. a coinsodence? i think not.

now, if this isn't convincing, i can go into the old testament and find more if ya like... they also talk about different things concerning the end times which also just so happen to be coming true.

man... if this is just people taking shots in the dark about the same subject, it must be the biggest coinsodence the world has ever seen. because all the prophecies are differing, and they're all coming true.

that alone is pleanty of proof that can't be explained as a mere coinsodence or chaos.

4. Why don't you tell us what these prophesies are?

As for you saying why shouldn't it be called the fact of evolution? ...
    Why isn't it called the fact of gravity?

As for claiming a lack of "half creatures" there is not such thing as a half creature. Animals do not evolve from A to B. Species are CONSTANTLY evolving.
    There are many many many fossils that show how evolution works. Haven't you ever seen a fossil of a dinasuar? What about one of the little raptor dinasaurs (forgot their name). Then there are fossils of dinasaurs with feathers. There are fossilized "dinasaur feather" prints. There are fossils of birds with scales. Fossils of birds. Birds today. Birds today that don't fly (penguins, emu's, ostriges). They seam to be evolving into a land mammal, or form a land mammal to a bird...

An interesting link you should read: http://www.geocities.com/evolvedthinking/mutations.htm

[​IMG]
    This is a dinasaur with feathures...

What it may have looked like
    [​IMG]

Ok, I'm done for now. If I had more time I could arrange a whole platter of evolution evidence.

5. well, if animals don't evolve from A to B, than how come evolution states that all life here on earth originated with single celled organisms?... the single celled bacteria didn't have to evolve more DNA to survive, they were already quite well off where they were. they didn't have a need to "evolve" into more complex organisms. understand what i'm saying?

the evolution you speak of within species is more commonly known as adaptation. this is 1 species having different traits within that particular species (ex. the different types of cats, dogs, horses, snakes, spiders, and so on).

as for the prophecies... if you want me to i'll be more than happy to post several prophecies written by different people, at different times, on the same topic that have come true or are coming true. but be warned, it will be a LOOOOOOONG read. just give me a few days to gather information and put it together.

6. I evolution started with single celled organisms and has continued to evolve into millions of different species that are still evolving.

In toher words it didn't go:
    Monkeys-->Humans
    or
    Bacteria to humans...
    It goes

Bacteria-->rodents --> Dogs --- > Wolves
    hyenas

Cats ---> lions
    --->Tigers

That's very basic. But in evolution species branch out. The species that are alive today are still "half-creatures", they are still evolving.
    Think of it this way, you can always only move halfway towards the finish line. You'll never get there.

Evolution isn't going to stop. It will always occur.

7. well animals evolve because the chance in their living habitat, or because of the competition for survival, if you have let's ten different kind if animals living in the same area eating the same food then only the best can managae to stay alive witth that amoutn of food and the others have to develop different methods to be better... different food etc.

8. well ubik, if this is true... why did bacteria decide to evolve? and why do we still have bacteria today?

you say evolution branches out. no crap... but through this branching out, you also have species going from one species to the next. it may be gradual, but it's what evolution says happened. and these animals that are the inbetweens... where are they? you found a fossil of a bird with scales. guess what... all birds have scales! maybe less now, but still... that doesn't mean they came from reptiles. that's evolution within a species... you say they have hand-like bones in their wings. i wonder why? their wings do happen to fan out, and they have bones to support them. that's like building an airplane and not giving it's wings support.

9. You're still stuck on these "half-creatures" There is no such thing as a half creature. There are constantly evolving.

I found this online documentary which is interesting, and shows what we evolved from. You can actually see the fossils of our ancestors as we slowly evolved into what we are now.

http://www.becominghuman.org

10. well bacteria can hardly be classified as living 'cos it has only one cell and reacts to such complicated stuff as heat.

"you say evolution branches out. no crap... but through this branching out, you also have species going from one species to the next."

erm..... no, see animals aren't like car models "one for the mountains and one for the city" it isn't like a fox decides to become an bird, no 'cos there's no need for that, fox have become an great land hunter and can survive on solid land, how ever foxes and bears who live near the cities and their main food supply is the city are different from the foxes and bears who live in deep woods, the difference isn't taht big but there have been "cities" for some 100 years now so that isn't a long time. and why are there so many different type of animals? well understand that life just didn't start in one magical spot as the "book" suggest, it started from all around the world (well not everywhere at the same time but there were various places where) and it didn't happen in seven dasy more like 7 000 000 years.

11. I have but one thing to say, that fucking monkey on the becominghuman.org site must die!!!!!!! HE'S FUCKING LOOKING AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA