Just a question for the bible believers

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Bud Head, May 8, 2003.

1. "rotflmao" just didnt do it justice...
    i was in absolute hysterics @ that. hands still wobbly from laughing too much!

2. why do you twist my words? did i ever once say that we knew it to the slightest detail? nope... sure didn't. i did say that He reveals His will (somewhat, and for our lives) to us... maybe i shoulda been more specific in my wording? but even then we don't see the whole picture. we may get bits and pieces of it along the way, but that's about it.

3. Here is how i see the bible (and take into concideration i have actually read the whole entire thing)

Old Testament- Pre Jesus known as the law of Moses gives you the beginning and how God made Himself known to his people, the 10 commandments ect...

New Testament- Life and Death of Jesus written by his diciples who was with him on his journey, also it contains prayers and guidelines layed down by Jesus himself on how to live your life according to Gods law, and also the profets have added the things that God has shown them what was, is and shall be til the end of days

Now all this depends on one thing and that is Faith

Either you have it or you don't Whatever you call Him God, Budda, Mohammad, ect... it ALL depends on that same thing

Faith

4. i'm sorry, but i really don't take this thread very seriously. hence the jokularities.

if you feel offended, then you must be a christian fundamentalist, and thus do not see the humour in my last posts in this thread. for serious debacles about religion, i refer to "why the bible is wrong" and its part 2. i promise not to joke around there...

peace :)

5. ahhh... yes... the internet isn't the best means for sarcasm and such. my fault for mis-interpreting. no hard feelings?

6. none hardfeelings whatsoever.

except i'm still a bit hungover, but that's hardly your fault cottons :)

7. except the fact that buddha is nothing like and got nothing to do with god.

8. my point was that it is religion Budda claimed to be somewhat of a profit that spawed a religion nothing more and like Chritianity it relies on Faith

9. the above reply was a bit hard to read, but i think i got the gist of it. and no, buddha was not a profit, or prophet for that matter. buddhism is not a religion. buddha was a wize-man / philosopher. thus buddhism is a philosophy. there is nothing supernatural in buddhism. not to say that there aren't buddhist that believe in the supernatural, but this is more a result of local tradition (paganism mostly) getting mixed with buddhist influence. in much the same way that vodoo is a mix of christianity and african traditional religion. take a bit here, and a bit there, shake it up and see what surfaces :)

kinda' like christianity itself, and it's roots in sumerian tradition.

10. I was not aware of that Thanks

I really don't know much on Budda but thanks for the correction

11. read the bible genius, and you'll find out that in the first book of the New Testament Jesus Christ is born and the whole new testament is pretty much about his effect on the world all the way up to the end of the world. The old testament was all about GOD and creation, Abraham, Moses Job and David and there personal struggles not to mention Paul formely known as Saul a viscious man changed by the light of GOD, on a down to earth note he did some time with Jesus, they became boys but Jesus was like this i know when feds come you gon' act like you don't know me and they gon' ask you 3 times and the bird gon' let me know but it's alright you jus' gon' do what you gotta do I understand. Paul was like man I ain't do that man, but soon as they came Jesus who, what you say his last name was again, nah i 'ont know dat dude. Jesus was like see man you can't trust nobody well sept me and my daddy but ........

12. i hope that genius remarked was aimed at me. at last someone understands my superior brainpower :)

as a genius i have of course read the bible. more than once. that is also why i find these christianity threads so amusing.

myself, i got a very pragmatic view of all religious texts. i take it with a pinch of salt. there are wonderfull, exciting and thoughtprovocing stories in the bible. and wonderfull language. it's not true however. i don't believe a word of it.

so please hit me with the "historical" accuracy of the bible. the scenic and social descriptions. uhm... so are most books. they all have a setting in time and place. that the bible took place in the middleeast some 2 to 6 thousand years ago, with accurate descriptions of the time do not impress me much. a good believable lie is 90% truth.

the worst of these lies is probably the new testament. the entire myth is all make-believe. there is no reliable outside sources to colloborate the events portraid in the NT. none. which is a bit odd, eh? not to mention the fact that the OT is filled with obvious lies.

exodus: never happened. well, not as written in the OT anyways. egyptologist have found hieroglyphs that give an account of the "exodus". long story short: no plagues and the hebrews did not flee egypt voluntary. they were chased out. and the entire 40 years in the desert BS, well, i guess *god* got no sense of direction, since it was pretty difficult to get lost in the sinai at the time, seeing as the egyptians had military outposts every 20 or so miles wathcing over their north eastern border. loads' archeological findings confirm this.

so please. believe in the bible if you wish, but please realize that that is a total disregard of your rational abilities and common sense.

*that* is why i believe that all religion is inherently dangerous. you are forced to leave your faculties behind and follow blindly what some figure of authority tells you. or fascism as it's also called...

13. Now now, religion may be the cause of almost every war in human history but it comes nowhere near dangerous. Plus most people fear death so much they need some bullshit to help them come to terms with thier own death, if they think they'll live forever (exist forever) they need not fear death.