Just a pH prob?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by godknows, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Hi and thank you for any help you can give me.

These girls are about 2 months old. They are still pretty small as they had a rough first month. They battled a high pH which really stunted their growth, and had (still has) a nasty infestation of aphids. Well, about 3 weeks ago i got some ph decrease from the pet store and gave them some of that and some fertilizer (14-8-16). About a week later, they were doing great. Well now, they're showing the same signs of P def. as they were before when the P was locked out by a high pH. I don't have my pH meter anymore, but i think that is the main problem. Can the pH rise like that? i've only been using distilled water for the past 6 weeks. They haven't been fed too much in the past week or so, so maybe they are just hungry?

The other problems I am having i that some of the leaves are twisted, and all of the new leaves come in all curling underneath like a taco. This seems like it is heat stress, but they are only being run under 2 x 40 W flouros.

The one on the left is power skunk and the one on the right is alaskan ice.
    They are in soil.
    temps are around 72-75

I'm planning on transplanting this week and i Know there is alot of strtching on the one, but i plan on training her when she feels better and is in her new pot. I think I'm gonna blend my own this time so i don't have the bug problem. Sterilized soil, perlite and some peat moss and dolomite to stabalize pH. What do you think?

Thank you.

Attached Files: