Julian Assange: Wikileaks co-founder arrested in London

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vee, Apr 11, 2019.

1. At last her majesties Govt falls to the demands of the USA = bummer

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shameful

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. I like that 'curious eyes never run dry' ...lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. So stupid. Fuck how long he was held up in that embassy though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. since 2012 I think?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 7 years.
    The last year or so with internet access cut off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yeah that’s crazy. I couldn’t imagine having to go through that or how negatively that’s affected his mental health throughout the years. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the US puts him in solitary confinement as well.

10. I can't believe the UK would allow him to be extradited on such minor charges..
    That's nuts.
    The whole thing is like max 5 year sentence if found guilty.

Nothing to do with Russia or espionage or anything of the sort according to the indictment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. The same media demanding that the Mueller Report be released with classified information unredacted is about to celebrate as a journalist is arrested for publishing classified material unredacted.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yup. The only way I can see this as being a good thing is, and this is a stretch, is he is extradited to the US and Trump pardons him. But like I said, that’s a huge stretch.

13. Fucking disgrace!
    I am led to believe (from online didcussions) that the UK have a policy of not legally allowing anyone to be extradited to ANY country that carries any form of death penalty?

Would need clarification tho'.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Memory lane -

• Like Like x 2
  15. What a shame. Fucking world police criminals.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Curious to see where establishment millionaire Bernie sanders stands on the assange issue.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. This is some bullshit but not surprising they’ve been gunning after him for years. In America we punish the people who expose war crimes, corruption, and illegal surveillance not the people who are actually doing those terrible things.

Towards the end of his career I think his personal bias understandably, against the Obama administration and Hilary Clinton, lead him to engage in reckless speculation. For example he seemed to imply that Seth Rich was murdered with no evidence which is very shady for someone who is all about releasing proof of wrong doing and credibility. But nonetheless he doesn’t deserve jail

• Like Like x 5
  18. I couldn't believe this when I read it. First thing that came to mind was that old Pantera album cover
    [​IMG]

The strong do as they will, the weak suffer as they must. Real heartbreaking to see this, I hope Trump sticks to his love for wikileaks and pardons the fuck out of assange, like obama pardoned manning (after many years)

Tulsi Gabbard: Assange case a ‘dangerous and slippery slope’ of government power

Tulsi out there swinging the hammer, at least, really hope she gets into more American heads

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1