Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Juicy Jays (flavored papers) vs. regular rolling paper

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bamboobam, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Which is better and why? I've never had flavored papers before, so idk if they cause smoking to become harsh or not.

2. I have some juicy j papers around here for novelty purposes but my opinion is that they taste kinda nasty. They never really taste like the right flavor, very chemically, like your tasting "red" and not cherry. I've heard blueberry is the best, I've only had strawberry, watermelon and grape. I'd just stick to basic non flavored papers. Any of the big names are good zigzag, elements, raw, etc...

3. Better?
    Use glass OP.
    Fuck the extra combustion.

4. I'm not really interested in pipes and such.. I would love to have a bong, but that's not that discreet since I do live with my parents. So, I stick to papers for now since it's pretty lowkey.

5. #5 VapeLifeAlex, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    I understand, why not look into a portable vape if discretion is needed?
    Still smells tho, just not as much or as long.

6. Blunts at least from Juicies-they taste like shit.. Better to make a blunt from something cigar-type..Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I don't know what you guys are talking about, but I love Juicy J's Papers. I love the Peaches & Cream flavor! Plus, IMO, they are one of the healthiest papers out there next to the RAW hemp papers; both are all natural. So, I say, don't knock it before you try it.

8. Yay, a subject I can actually weigh in on! I went on a J rolling kick last year and experimented with a bunch of different papers (basically the clear ones, which I had much better memories of than my current experience I guess, the element rice paper ones, and then I think I also got some hemp ones. Lastly, I picked up Juicy Jays).

Honestly, in the end, Juicy Jays ended up being my favorite! As far as I can tell, the papers themselves are of decent quality, with the added bonus of having a nice flavor to them. Beyond that it's personal preference, given that what flavor you get and how you like it may be more up to you than anyone else. I had really good results out of the peaches and cream flavor, plus my J's have a cute peaches design on them which sets them apart, most people I share them with seem to dig that :p .

There are other brands of flavored wrappers too though, and I havent tried them. At my local shop, they had a skunk brand one or something? But the people there claimed the Juicy Jays in their mind was the better brand because that's all they do, and apparently, they do it well?

So yeah, I was really sold on Juicy J's (and I have only tried a couple of the flavors so far, because well, actually exhausting my current stock of papers would be hard even if I did smoke J's more), perhaps even moreso than the more stalwart brands of Raw hemp or Element rice. At the very least they seemed just as smooth as those, and I simply enjoyed having a light flavor to them.

9. Juicy jays are alright, the only thing I don't like about them is that since they're a hemp paper the glue isn't very good, gotta be careful with it. 

10. I really like strawberry. Make sure to lick only the glue strip on the paper to retain the taste on the rest. They don't burn as smoothly as regular 1.25s but they are smooth enough Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I prefer the taste of herb I've had flavored papers before didn't enjoy it that much

12. Flavored papers were just made illegal. Lol-Ounces ounces ounces

13. I only mess with RAW Organic. Best taste in my opinion.Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I use to use Juicy Js Maple flavored papers all the time but they not good for u the flavors are chemical...go for some Hemp papers like Raw, Bob Marleys, Smoking Brand Papers(Smoking Brown) nd Elements Rice papersiPhone using Grasscity app

15. Too expensive... but it doesn't matter cuz either way you smoke it... ya get high  :smoking:

16. Yea

17. Just got some Juicy Jay rolling papers out of curiousity (grape). It tastes good when you lick it, but other than that it tastes pretty nasty. I'd stick to normal papers.

18. i usually just go with these as i can never be bothered to travel to a further shop.

[​IMG]

19. The fuck..?

20. I like hemp papers or just Raws so i get the full flavor of the bud. I use zig zags too but they give off a heavy paper taste i feel