Juggalo9s Pineapple Skunk + 3 Mixed Indoor Fems

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Juggalo9, Jun 2, 2013.

1. #1 Juggalo9, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    Hey everybody, checking in at day 38 for my 4 girls. This first post will catch you up to day 35. June 2 I will be adding a current update.

Equipment:
    Superbox $900 (Super Closet) Learned to grow using hydro with it.

Upgraded from Superbox:
    (Super Closet)
    Gorilla grow tent 2' x 4' x 6' $308
    Superponic 16 $200
    Shipping $89
    Total: $597

(Grow Wurks Hydroponics)
    Hurricane 6" -435 CFM inline fan $75.73
    Air King 6" Clip Fan $24.99
    Fan Speed Controller $20.99
    Odor Sok 6"x16" 340 CFM $38.51
    Shipping $38.31
    Total: $198.52

(Attitude Seed Bank)
    Vision Seeds Northern Lights Fem 5 Seeds $30.96
    Female Seeds Indoor Mix 10 Seeds $38.70
    Feminized UFO Humboldt Seed Organisation OG Kush 1 Seed $0.00
    Feminized UFO Humboldt Seed Organisation Pineapple Skunk $0.00
    Shipping+T-Shirt+Insurance $23.23
    Total: $92.89

April 20, 2013
    4 seeds are placed into a wet paper towel with no pre-soak.1 Pineapple Skunk and 3 Fem Mixed seeds.

April 21, 2013
    Pineapple seed cracks, Fem Seed #2 cracks.

April 22, 2013
    Fem Seed #3 and #1 crack.

April 23, 2013
    All seeds placed into 1" Rockwool starter cubes.

April 24, 2013
    Seedlings emerge from rock wool.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

May 12, 2013
    18 Days veg.
    First day of nutes.
    image.jpg

May 17, 2013
    Plants moved from superbox to the tent.
    image.jpg

May 19, 2013
    PH drifted upwards in tent res.
    It wasn't corrected for at least 24 hours and plants showed signs of stress.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

May 20, 2013
    Purchased Hanna PH pen ~$90 with calibration fluids. (Local hydro store)
    image.jpg

May 22, 2013
    28 days Veg.
    Plants recover from high PH.
    Plants moved to furthest corners of res to allow extra room.
    image.jpg

May 24, 2013
    All plants topped Subcool style, just waited longer than his technique.
    Tops placed in cloner.
    One clone taken from lower branches of all plants.
    8 clones lookin sickly.
    image.jpg
    The girls after topping.
    image.jpg

May 26, 2013
    Clones 2 days, lookin better.
    image.jpg
    32 days Veg.
    image.jpg

May 29, 2013
    24 hours of darkness started.
    35 days veg.
    image.jpg image.jpg

2. jugg this is great info! cant wait to see how it turns out!

3. #4 Juggalo9, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    Hey everyone.

June 2, 2013
    Day 39
    3rd day of flower.
    image.jpg
    Fem seed #1-3 are getting huge! They are positioned in the back left and back right positions. Their growth is all in the flower nodes and they're heading high up above the canopy.

Pineapple Skunk is looking great with tons of flower nodes, she is positioned front right.

Afghanica dominant female (ADF) is my best looking girl, she's so bushy and green. Positioned at top left.

Clones
    9th day
    image.jpg
    The clones aren't looking great. I believe this is due to my low humidity issue. JJ taught me how to fix it and now I've just gotta get to it. I may not be able to get the humidifier to after I fix my smell issue with my tent. I'm not calling it a total failure yet as I've seen my first roots from pineapple skunk 1 (PS-1) only problem, they're coming up from the top of the rockwool... I ripped some of the rockwool off the side and covered the root. What should I have done?
    image.jpg

4. I want to start some training but I'm way in over my head right now, I don't know where to start.

image.jpg
    Should I cut small lower branches off?
    Tie them off to the sides?
    Or tie them upwards?

5. I Lollipop my plants......
    Here is a dude I trained to Lollipop plants.......

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1191718-i-like-ak48-ebbngro-water-cooled-goal-big-roots.html?p=18138042

I do that because anything which does not get direct light is going to become useless bud in the end.
    Not only is all that lower shit useless, it robs the plant's resources which could have been used for the main colas....
    So you'll get fatter colas when you take off all that lower shit that does not get direct canopy light....

:gc_rocks:

6. Did you buy a better filter? if so which one? 

7. I bought an Odorsok, but it's an Odorsuck! Laz over in S.S.S. said he has a great odor control setup, I haven't searched for his setup details yet, so I'm not sure what he uses.

8. Dumb questions:

I was looking at the dimensions on that tent and it looks like its 7 ft am I wrong? (wont fit in my close sadly but the smaller one would if its 5'11)

Also what kind of light schedule do you have them on? 24/7? 

I am actually ordering some of the stuff (if not most of it this weekend) I still have a lot of research to do but thanks for putting this up! Great info hope your grow is going well 

9. The tent is 6ft. It has an extension kit that brings it to 6'11. I just switched my tent to a 12 hour light/12 hour dark cycle to initiate flowering.
    Ill be doing an update here maybe tomorrow evening.

What did you get for your setup?

10. #11 Juggalo9, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    Hey everyone, it's day 41, flowering day 13, and I decided to lollipop today. When I first opened my tent I was in shock, The girls got so tall! I know it's hard to tell from the pics but the light is as high as I can raise it. The two plants in the back are stretching too much I gotta figure out something so I can bring the light closer to the short afghanica plant. Is it too late to super crop?

All plants have been confirmed female as of today.

image.jpg image.jpg
    The Jungle

image.jpg
    Lollipopping complete

image.jpg
    Order restored

Did a res change and switched over to the flowering nutes.

11. lookin good jugs..i'm subbed...this time i'm waiting for the stretch to be over before i lollipop..JJ figured that at about afterthe first 30 days of flower i think...i'm working with short indica strain so i welcome the stretch

12. hope they stop stretching for ya!

13. Yeah I was going to wait as well. But I don't think I cut as much as JJ and 4d do. I left smaller nodes that started to receive more light after I lollipopped and defoliated a bit.

Thanks for coming along for the ride!

14. To be honest the lowest branches are shit. If this is your first grow youll see that those little branches below become pretty useless in the end. I didnt believe it at first but in my last grow i had a bunch of branches that i missed and it just wound out to be little popcorn nugs that shriveled when dried.

Flowers lie to you, they may seem big on the plant but once dry they will shrivel up and you will scratch your head saying fuck..i wish i cut it and let those nutes + energy to the top colas.

Looking though! If you dont know the strain nor how long it stretches for i recommend like JJ to wait 20 (for indicas) and 30 for sativa strains.

Happy growing!

15. excellent advice 4dd ! i also use light meter to help me figure it out ..i put the meter in different spots to see if the light is penetrating there..if it's below a certain reading it gets timmed off..

now thats fancy lol

17. #18 Juggalo9, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    Hey guys. The 4 ladies are at flowering day 20 today. Stretching has stopped or at least slowed enough to be un-noticeable so I simply tied the branches that were too tall away from the light. There was some slight heat burn on the tops when I got here today. But that should be resolved for now. I know my pics aren't great but you've gotta understand, I can only back away from my tent about 1 foot. So I tried some different angles today to hopefully help so you can see what's going on.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Res stats:
    Ph 5.8
    Tds 780ppm

I only lost one clone which out of eight isn't bad, for a first try. Some are very small but they all have roots. Even the one that died. Added a very small amount of the veg nutes.
    image.jpg
    Res stats:
    Ph 5.8
    Tds 250 ppm

18. #19 Juggalo9, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    Deleted

19. Not bad just wicked shit going on here from start to finish :passing-joint: