Judging quality of BHO

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by fatcuz1234, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Ive recently purchased an Eclipse vaporizer and am going to make my first purchase of bho in a few days and am curious if you guys help me out in distinguishing what to look for in quality versus poorly made bho. Thanks
    (pictures appreciated) :bongin:  

2. dont got any pics but ill tell you dont buy anything looking like peanut butter or real bubbly it has butane in it.

hunt for a consistency of shatter which breaks apart and is stable, preferably with good clarity (see through)

3. Does the clarity help define the quality? With this in mind is what would you say about very rich darker brown bho? 

4. #4 denieddd, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013

helps define the purity as in butane residuals or no butane residuals. and very rich darker brown bho, not a fan. dont buy tanesoup

5. Another person jumping on the BHO bandwagon? I don't get ppl that just jump into bho. If you don't have a medical condition or a very high tolerance I would recommend sticking to flowers until you better understand BHO its consistency and how to tell good stuff vs under purged crap filled with chlorophyll. If your in a non medical state it might be hard to find good quality stuff unless you make it yourself.

If your getting wax you want to look for golden yellow\\blond color. Its not always a fail safe way but it will help weed out very poorly made stuff. Dark brown is a no go. Sounds like they sprayed and prayed.

6. #6 LQ142, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    The best way of REALLY knowing the quality is to know the person making the stuff. Make sure they have a vacuum pump and make sure they are using the highest quality butane available. Preferably food grade n-Butane.

Little tip on bho in a vaporizer...always have it on bed of weed and don't use more than a pee sized drop or it will clog lol. I have a DBV so when I use hash oil I like to let it melt into the weed before I take the hit. I am in no way making a scientific claim but it's almost like a second purge. Sure, you may lose a bit of the terpenes but anything else that was in the oil should technically evaporate away.

You really gotta be careful with this stuff. If you smoke poorly made bubble hash you're not going to be hurt, you just won't get as high. If you smoke poorly made bho...well we don't know the long term effects of bho yet but I assume poorly made bho is more dangerous than poorly made bubble hash 

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1387562066.478911.jpg Just had a buddy run this for me, what you think?

8. [quote name="fatcuz1234" post="19199246" timestamp="1387564866"]It looks nice the first bho I tried from my friend same color as yours but more of a waxy substance.[/quote]This shit is straight wax

9. if its clear it aint wax, it would be shatter/sap.

10. If you can see bubbles only when looking through a magnifying glass would those just be air bubbles. If it looks like the stuff in ^signature

11. it depends. if your slab has been purging for a long time already and you just flipped it a while ago then yeah, thats air. If that oil was purged in a couple hours it would be mostly tane. I could've began decarboxylation and those could be co2/terpenes

Theres a lot of factors that could go into that, thats why you really have to be careful whos making your oil.