Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Journals?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Alfrexia, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Hey, tokers.

I'm kind of new to the community, with only a couple of posts, but I'd really appreciate some help.

Let's start with the typical introduction... I've been smoking since I was 16, (I'm 19 now), and only have about 3/4 of a year smoking heavily. (Daily Use, with the occasional T-Break). My parents are both doctors (Father is a Cardiologist, and Mother a Dermathologist).

Recently, my dad asked me up front if I smoked marijuana, and due to the fact that I hated the lies surrounding my smoking habits, so I decided to answer with an honest "yes".

I'm a good family member, I bring good grades to the house, I respect both of my parents deeply, and overall, I support and love my family, but my Dad was disappointed with my usage, telling me that I'm not seeing the "potential damage" it could cause.

My father is not an idiot, but I do believe he can be misinformed, and since he studied medicine, he obviously regards his sources, and his experience as vastly superior than mine. I asked him that we could both investigate about it without any bias, so what I'm asking for is this:

I looked around Grasscity, opening articles about it, but I can't seem to find a respected Medical Journal / Magazine that can help me in this dilemma.

I do know the consecuences, and I do realize that if I don't succeed, or if my father doesn't change his mind, I will have to stop toking until at least my family doesn't pay for my superior education, and overall living, but I obviously would rather not stop toking, and at least come to terms with my father.

Do you think you can help me?

2. Tell him to watch The Union

The Union

Best Marijuana documentary

Good luck

3. I thought about that, but since he is a Doctor, he holds to himself his sources to a much more value than mine... though, it wouldn't hurt to at least try!

I'd still appreciate some links to articles. (To be more specific, I'm trying to gather studies that aren't from a page that's named Cannabisblahblah.com or MarijuanaMarijuana.com)

I'm not trying to disqualify those sites, I firmly stand besides their points, but my father is another story.

Thanks for the help, Sublime!

4. Antique Cannabis Book / A Price Guide to Antiques

The only real argument you can make though is the truth. The government has always stopped any real investigation into marijuana so nobody knows what it really does because they can't legally study it.

I'd bring up the Tulane monkey study. They tried to prove marijuana causes brain damage, when they couldn't they just suffocated the monkeys with pot smoke until they couldn't breathe, and had brain damage from lack of oxygen.

I'd also bring up how they grow pot in MS for their patients, but then purposely ruin it, and spray it with artificial THC at 2% (regular dank is about 10%) so that they can claim unrealistic health side effects about smoking. (Like that one joint is equal to a pack of cigarettes).

They claim this is to make "standardized potency" and a few other nonsense arguments but the truth is obvious to anyone who has ever grown pot for themselves.

It's a bit like if the FDA tested meat by leaving steaks in the sun for a few days so they can claim they are full of bacteria and aren't safe for human consumption.

If you are actually looking for for real medical texts I'd dig up the one Nixon commissioned but then threw away when it didn't say what he wanted it to.