Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joints Smell Different?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ManCandy, May 27, 2013.

1. Is it just me or do joints smell differently when smoked? I was at a party this weekend, and I smoked a bowl of some of my weed, ad then rolled a joint an smoked it, and it smelled way different. Almost skunkier.

2. Keep in mind that as you smoke the joint, your smoking both the buds and resin once you get to about 2/3 - 1/2 joint. It's bound to be more "fragrant".

Although it's interesting to point out that joints have proven to be the best at filtering out the tar...
    Puts any kind of percolator bongs to shame.

I'll still take a nice perc hit over a joint hit tho, as nothing beats taking in an insane amount of smoke cooled by the percs and ice, then having it expand in ur lung (and cough to death)!

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. LOL so your telling me that a joint without any filtering besides the weed in it, is going to filter out more tar then a carbon filter on tube?   :ey:

4. http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06359mj1.html

I don't think carbon filter was one of the subject in the study...
    Would love to see it being included in the study.

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. the cherry from the joint heats up the air around it causing it to vape the other bud around it. Vaporized bud has a lot more flavor and smell.

6. exactly. also true with the part about the resin, Ive seen people torch their bowls to shit and have much less fragrant smoke than if you light it for a sec.