Joints and how to make them last longer.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Knucks, Jul 10, 2003.

1. no shit? they are in every 7-11 around here. Cut corners are my favorite along with the larger zigzag orange pack. I much prefer a joint to a pipe. I do have a good one hitter (bowl holds about 5 hits) bamboo pipe given to me by another GC member just this week. It's super good with bubble hash from my favorite Oakland clinic. :smoke:

2. please don't use honey... i herd that burning the honey crystallizes the sugar and you are pulling that into your lungs ... not good for you, just lick the j or blunt shut then seal it by putting the wet spot under some fire

3. Try using zig zag ultra thins. OR, i noticed, when you roll it up the first full rotation so to speak, make sure its extra tight and as you roll more and it gets closer to the glue make it loose so there's room enough to hit. Not sure if that makes sense.

4. Roll pencils and super tight. A super tight joint will struggle to keep a burn going so you'll have to touch it to your lighter when your toking

5. I actually make it a tiny bit looser before I roll and s .7 kingsize lasts me 20 minutes np lol it a new trick I found just roll a tiny bit loosely befor u begin final tuck/roll n it works, I dunno how it just does, tried with more and it never fails lol, forget doing it too tight or too loose do it just right

6. The looser a joint is the more air is available for the fire to breathe, vice versa for tight. A tight joint will go out, a loose one could sit there lit, and when you toke bonfire, it'll burn too quick.

Shape, a greater burning surface area means it'll be easier to burn, therefore cones bonfire and pencils burn slower.

Dude rolling a regular cone J will last me 10 mins max

7. Why has this thread been bumped so many times over like 9 years...

8. Funny thing is that there might be a kid in GS thats younger than this thread

9. Try rolling cones but a tiny tiny tiny bit loosely right befor u tuck, makes it burn longer, I don't know how bit it does, I mean iv been rolling like that ever scince I found out n n now I have best joints if ever rolled in 3 years and I rolled the same way for hat long untill I jus messed with it a little, it seems like it will burn fast but it lasts 10 minutes longer, same huge hits as always, not too tight but not too loose, used to roll really tight and it still last 10 minutes

10. Zig-Zag orange for me. It just seems so classic.

11. Always roll up a cone! The most important part, I feel, in rolling a long lasting successful joint is to arrange the weed in the fashion you wish it to ultimately remain. Example. I always roll with the roach end on the right end of the paper. From right to left, the volume of weed increases, causing a cone shape.
    Carefully pick up the assembly, roll evenly to secure the bud's position (forward and back, cradling)... when you're ready, you use your right thumb to tuck the front layer of paper up and over the layer of weed, underneath the back side of the paper. Keep this pinched with your right thumb and index finger, use your left thumb and index finger to even out the crease. Carefully continue the fashion all the way up, lick and seal!

It sounds merely instructive, but once you get the nack for it, cones will be blazing you AND five of your buddies. :) TECHNIQUE!

12. I just double wrap my joints works fine.

13. Roll it a tiny bit loosely right before u tuk, can make a .7 kingsize last 20+mins, I duno y but if u make it a tiny bit loose compared to super tight tuck, it makes the burn so much longer and it doesn't burn as much in 1 hit, tries it multiple times after finding this out and it works every time, I highly suggest trying it, it may sound stupid but it works

14. Do not know if this has been said yet, but try taking a good amount of spit on your fingertips and smear the top 5mm of the j. By repeating this you can make your j last for ages.

15. Randy's and pure hemp are good but nothing beats an original zag except using a sun leaf that has been prepared properly nothing better than smoking only herb I roll one for my birthday every year

16. try taking shorter duration hits...longer drags will really speed up the overall burn

17. Fanta leaf, comes in packs of 2 at my local bondega makes your joints burn just like a blunt

smartest thing ive heard all day!

19. Someone said use 2 papers to make it burn slower but wouldn't that in turn make it burn faster?

Anyway if you want a slow burn roll a blunt

20. Man, I've always rolled a joint like this :

I start by wrapping my paper around a pencil, then taking it off and having a cone type deal.

Then I start putting my marijuanas in it and packing it with the same pencil.

It makes a tight ass joint, burns forever too.