Joints and how to make them last longer.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Knucks, Jul 10, 2003.

1. i have used honey for both blunts and joints. but i use "the cone" key chain thing to roll em. idk i like it better cause then i can just put a little paper filter in the mouth piece so you don't get all that resin and what not on your lips.

just my 2 cents.

2. So about how this thread was started in 2003...

3. Smoke a bowl then suck a dick,
    You'll get stoned and you'll have taken care of your "oral fixation"
    :p

4. lol you call that Elvis? thats awesome, we call it canoe

5. There are a lot of herbs out there that you can put alongside your ganja. Chamomile is a good choice. It is very relaxing.

6. fuckin' lol'd hard dude.

7. the key to a slow burning joint is good quality paper. I prefer raw they are the shit.

8. Last night I did a little test just to see which would burn slower.
    For the first joint I rolled it regularly, it was about 0.5 grams, and it was tight but still comfortably breathable. The paper overlapped about once.
    The second joint was essentially the same size, shape, and consistency (I'm a seasoned joint-roller lol) but I did a back-roll, in order to minimize the amount of paper.
    My findings: The first joint smoked for about 9 minutes, the second one for about 16 minutes (I tried to hit the joints with roughly the same frequency). I'm going to have to agree with the side saying that minimal paper is crucial for a joint to last longer.

I was using Rizla silver papers (quite thin).

9. I agree with SillyB defonatly.

I use Rizla silvers too and i stick two papers together lengthways using the glue from a thrid to do this, And i use a half bud, half tobaco mix and back roll the joint.

Make sure you TAP it downn! the jay should be firm all the way around and up and down and no gaps as you feel up and down the shaft (gigady:ey:) if there is keep on tapping! work it between your fingers to get those gaps out.

My joints typically last me a good 30- 40 mins using probly around .4g-.6g

10. This is a popular method of rolling joints in the Netherlands, it may not be done by all, but those experts will rave about it. Rolling inside out with the tip at the end leads to a minimum amount of paper, which in turn will help burn slower.

I've learned from my dutch buddies well and can pull of a decent inside out, however it usually starts to curve just a tiny bit....

"Smoking" brand papers were the best in the netherlands when i lived there....

since getting back i've found raw and element papers to burn the slowest...

11. I'd have to make a video or something to show you the difference... Ohh, I have an idea

image-3132586522.png

image-3317100671.png

image-3688124985.png

Hopefully this helps explain the inside out thing.

12. roll fat fuckin doobies dude

13. you ever try the burning method? make sure the glue is wet enough first, then light the excess paper on fire..... it burns up to the top and lights the joint on fire....

excellent party trick if you can manage it!

peace,
    hippy:smoke:

14. I get a better looking joint when I rip it off. I do do that every once in a while, like you said, at a party usually.

15. Nah bro you can roll it skinny and get away with using like .8g. But a nice blunt is like 1g-1.5g IMO.

16. I find that rolling spliffs with nice tobacco really makes the joint both burn slower and more evenly. Heres a video of a self rolling spliff [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-dlvrZeIM0]Self Rolling Joint - YouTube[/ame]

17. If you have a rolling machine: Roll a joint. Do not remove it. Insert 1 additional paper. Roll it again. You will have a very long lasting joint. Otherwise, grind it up and make it as firm as possible.

18. ...
    There is a difference between a cigar, and a cigar-illo. (cigarillo)

19. Boo yah, you told that guy from 8 years ago!

20. [quote name='"hendrix"']
    lol you call that Elvis? thats awesome, we call it canoe[/quote]

never heard either of these till gc I always just called it a run. we dont really have many terms