Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

joint size

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wiid_420, Oct 30, 2009.

1. will a 18.8 bowl fit directly in to the slot where the downstem goes on a bong?

2. not what i expected when u said joint, lol.

i dunno, try it and see... its not like all bowls are the same size, it depends how the glass is shaped.

3. well im trying to figure out the size of the bowl. i no the downstem is 18.8 so should a 18.8 bowl fit into the slot where the downstem goes

4. Sounds like you are getting rid of your down tube? why?

And yes that should be the case.

5. no i just wasnt sure what size bowl i have and i thought that would be the easyest way since i no the size of the downstem. since the bowl dosnt fit im going to assume its 14.5

6. It wouldn't make any sense to put your bowl into the joint without a downstem. If you were to do it with an 18mm bowl and the bowl fit snugly you have an 18.8 mm joint. Not all joints are 18.8 though, some are larger. I had a Sour tube with an irregular joint size greater than 18.8 but not as large as the ROOR zumo joint.

To put it plainly, these are your possibilities from what you've detailed so far:

If you have an 18/18 downstem, you have an 18 mm joint on your tube. The bowl is 18mm and will fit the joint.

If you have an 18/14 downstem, you have an 18mm joint. The bowl is 14mm and will fit too loosely in the joint.

If you have a ?/18 downstem, you need to measure to find out your joint size. The bowl size is 18mm.

7. i just bought a roor from my friend and he broke the roor diffy so he got a new one and i guess its a 14.5-18.8 bc the bowl is smaller then the joint where it goes in. and the bowl is a roor