Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

joint quetion

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bulldogslax, Jan 20, 2010.

1. hey got a question about joints. i have some papers but i was wondering if you need a filter. last time i smoked one my friend just ripped a little piece of cardboard and stuck it in the end.

2. you don't need it, but believe me I would use it, it makes the joint 10 times easier to smoke bro.

3. honestly its personal preference and no you do not need it...i rarely ever smoke joints unless someone offers one to me as for me at least it gets me the least high out of other methods such as glass gravs vapes etc

4. i am not a master roller cuz im lazy and not dexterous. For me the main point of a filter is to give structure and not so much filter. Hence why some people call it a "crutch". If you have a headshop they sell them but thats a waste to me. I just tear off a long ways strip of a business card and roll it up tightly. stick it in the mouth end of the jay and make sure after that you lick the paper so that it holds to the crutch. It will automatically expand to the width of the paper after putting it in and should leave a little opening like lookin down a tiny gun barrel. The crutch is also important so that no one niya lips it (pardon language) and so that if you have a roach you dont burn urself. just dont smoke the crutch..haha done that b4

5. The point of a filter is for structure like the other person said and to make the joint easy to smoke, if you don't use one it becomes harder to hold and smoke towards the end.

6. Yeah i would use a filter

7. Never understood why people wouldn't use roaches in their joints. Helps keep it together, looking nice, and you can smoke it till the end and then just chuck your roach (in the UK, a roach = your little rolled up bit of cardboard). All this nonsense about saving roaches, using roach clips, making 2nd generation joints... what a laugh.

8. Yeah the roach is a great idea. Makes rolling easier, or at least makes rolling aesthetically pleasing cones easier. The only reason I would choose not to use a roach (or crutch, but I prefer roach) is if you wanna save up all your resinated roaches (refering to when you don't use a paper roach) and smoke a big bowl of awesome

9. Yes! They make them better in every way, easier to roll, easier to smoke, wont get weed debris in ur mouth, no res on ur lips lol. put one in buddy!!!!!!!