joint questions

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TheZodiac, Aug 17, 2012.

1. so i've been a toker for a long time and always loved joints, but i've never learned how to roll em.

so i have a few questions

what kind of rolling papers do you like/recommend?

do you recommend buying a joint roller ? (like the kind they carry at smoke shops?
    or should i try something like the card method?

any other suggestions? any help would be great :smoke:

2. RAWS/OCB are my favorite papers but all of them work so don't stress out to much about the papers!

I think rolling machines are a waste of time and money, as ull learn how to roll after practicing 5-10 times... There's nothing hard about rolling, just watch a few vids on YouTube to give you an idea on how to roll and practice, practice, practice!;)

3. thanks do papers normally come with filters too?

4. Some do but most don't. Just take a piece of cardboard, or rip a piece of a cigarette packet, or from a playing card! And fold it into a filter!:)

5. Papers don't matter , but my faves are the juciy jays :) as for rolling machines , fuck those ... To roll nice joints I would HIGHly recommend a grinder. Like no joke, they will make the weed so much more consistent and all around easier to roll with . You don't have to go all out with the grinder, a 3 dollar acrylic one would get the job done. Rolling tips, hmm when I first started I didn't use filters because they where just a bitch to deal with . What I did was grind my weed up so it would be not all chunky if you where to do it by hand . Then I would take the rolling paper and rub it in between my fingers to get the creases out. Then take your paper and put your finger in one end ( helps if after you grinded your ganj you put it on a piece of paper) and dump it In , after that you want to smooth it out and try to get it as even as possible then remove your finger and begin to roll and press the paper to even out the weed , some will fall out and just leave it don't try to up it back in. Since you have seen about the card trick you want to try to recreate that but with your thumbs pressing it and having the sticky part over lapping the tighter the better ;) then lick the sticky side and place it down . After that you want to get a small toothpick and press the weed in on both sides. On where you think the tip where you light it should be pinch and twist to make a cone shape and on the other where you would have had the filter just flatten it and it should work just fine.. Sorry if I didn't make any since. It 3:40 and baked! Good luck and roll some dubies

6. Fuck people who hate on rolling machines. If you cant roll they are a lifesaver. They also are great for wanting to roll up quick(like you're in a car) and roll a perfect joint everytime. I kind of gave up learning to roll. I bought a cheap cigg roller when I smoked rollies and usually just used that when I started toking. Or id be with people that knew how to roll good. Mine doesn't roll the best jays but it rolls perfect spliffs that'll burn for 20 minutes if I use at least 50/50 bud/tobacco. I want to get a kingsize one soon. And papers do matter. A lot of people say its easier to roll kingsize than regular 1 inchers/1 1/4. And although I hate not smoking hemp/rice papes I have rolled a few decent spliffs with those wide ezwiders. Only spliffs though they were too much paper for joints.

7. [quote name='"Demiurge"']Fuck people who hate on rolling machines. If you cant roll they are a lifesaver. They also are great for wanting to roll up quick(like you're in a car) and roll a perfect joint everytime. I kind of gave up learning to roll. I bought a cheap cigg roller when I smoked rollies and usually just used that when I started toking. Or id be with people that knew how to roll good. Mine doesn't roll the best jays but it rolls perfect spliffs that'll burn for 20 minutes if I use at least 50/50 bud/tobacco. I want to get a kingsize one soon. And papers do matter. A lot of people say its easier to roll kingsize than regular 1 inchers/1 1/4. And although I hate not smoking hemp/rice papes I have rolled a few decent spliffs with those wide ezwiders. Only spliffs though they were too much paper for joints.[/quote]

spiffs and rolling machines.... dear lord man

8. #8 Slater 420, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    when your starting use a thicker paper as its much easier, i use silver rizlas which are very thin and can be troublesome to roll if your inexperienced but using a green rizla is a good way to get started

DO NOT buy a rolling machine, its a pointless creation. I couldn't roll for shit until someone actually sat down with me and showed me then it was easy, videos online didn't help me, but thats just me, Theres no point spending money on a machine to a roll a joint when it can be done quicker and a lot nice by hand, no matter how hopeless you may feel at rolling, when you can do it its such a good feeling, then you can make advanced creations which is always fun

edit: I used to practice by rolling joints of just tobacco and then rip the paper open and try again repeatedly till i got the process down, at least this way your not losing any bud in the process

edit again: I saw one guy say he uses juicy jays, they are probably the easiest paper ive come across to roll and you get a delicious flavour combined =D try a pack out

9. I had a joint roller in 10/11 grade and honestly I miss it so much,I bought it because it was spring break and I had just copped a half o for the first time of some AMAZING sour, I wasn't the best joint roller and while I was smoking a j on my balcony a kid that lives in the neighborhood I see across from me on my balcony tweeted joint roller $6, so i of course walked across the street and me being to high I only gave him $5 but he didn't mind. I then sold it for $10 to my friend and now I just hit my vape or bong but if I'm scrollin up its most likely a raw paper

10. I'm a fan of the zig zag slow burners for new rollers, I find RAWs a little more difficult. The best advice I can give is to pick up some papers, stop by a smoke shop and pick up a bag of their cheapest tobacco and just roll roll roll.

11. thanks for all the advice guys.

i dont have steady hands (always shake a little) so i decided to pickup a roller, went with elements (the pack with papers and filters)

anyways this post would be meaningless with pics!!

pineapple express i just picked up (got 1/2 oz =) )
    [​IMG]

and a pic of the first legit joint ive ever rolled

this was the joint i rolled on my third try (which i wouldnt consider too bad)
    the second time i woulda gotten it but i thought the wrong side was the sticky side lol.
    (rolled filter as a W shape, then circled around)

[​IMG]

12. Ok man the BEST papers you can get are RAW rolling papers they are all natural and organic. Joint rollers suck bro! Just roll a joint using the "Card Method" you get perfect cone joints everytime. Using a joint roller makes skinny and straight joints.

13. i wouldnt see a point in not using a joint roller if i already have one now, unless i was buying different papers for a bigger joint.

elements are made from rice, so i'd assume they are all natural as well :D
    burned great as well.

14. As some one who has trouble rolling a joint or a cig by hand due to an injury to my left thumb, I find rollers to be convenient. Yes I can roll, but it's easier for me to use the machine.

15. Dude I know exactly what you mean. Online videos dont help me either. I just rolled with my first really nice Joint a few days ago using RAW papers. It came out perfect and smoked for a extremely long time.

16. Im not very good at rolling yet as I dont really roll that much at all. However, I rolled my first very good joint a few days ago using RAW papers. I was actually very surprised on how it came out. But anyway, if your not very good at rolling your first time, dont get discouraged. I couldnt roll for shit at first but the more you practice, the better your joints begin to look and smoke. Dont get frustrated if they dont look good at first cause it will just make your rolling experience more difficult. Keep practicing!

17. I second anyone who's said raw papers, they have a 300 pack of unlined papers for just a few bucks. You're not going to find a value like that anywhere. I've had it for three months and I mainly smoke joints, yet it seems like it's still full! I wish I had these when I was learning to roll, so I didn't need to worry about wasting all my papers. Also, there are these papers made of sugar that I've heard don't burn, just dissolve in to a line of sugar. Keeps you from inhaling crap. Also, rollers are fine, I love to roll, but I always back them tighter than I mean to. With a roller, I could conserve on bud a ton. In the end, it's all a matter of opinion.

18. [quote name='"Slater 420"']when your starting use a thicker paper as its much easier, i use silver rizlas which are very thin and can be troublesome to roll if your inexperienced but using a green rizla is a good way to get started

DO NOT buy a rolling machine, its a pointless creation. I couldn't roll for shit until someone actually sat down with me and showed me then it was easy, videos online didn't help me, but thats just me, Theres no point spending money on a machine to a roll a joint when it can be done quicker and a lot nice by hand, no matter how hopeless you may feel at rolling, when you can do it its such a good feeling, then you can make advanced creations which is always fun

edit: I used to practice by rolling joints of just tobacco and then rip the paper open and try again repeatedly till i got the process down, at least this way your not losing any bud in the process

edit again: I saw one guy say he uses juicy jays, they are probably the easiest paper ive come across to roll and you get a delicious flavour combined =D try a pack out[/quote]

Rolling machine are like a dollar seriously they help you get a feel for the roll technique

19. Man i couldn't roll joints for a very long time and was giving up on trying, for me it was the tuck,i could never find a way to tuck the paper in without spilling my stash all over, so i started using my debit card to tuck it and its been golden ever since, if you dont have a card you can always use the flap on the pack of papers to tuck the paper in. ye.

20. Rolling is piss easy fella keep trying and when its time you'll click and start rolling joints the way you like to smoke and thickness things like that. Personally i wouldnt bother investing in a cheap rolling machine because with practice your fingers will do all the work! ;)