Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

joint problems

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tastytrichomes, May 21, 2012.

1. #1 Tastytrichomes, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    i just rolled up two joints. they are my second and third. so far, i have wasted five papers trying to get my technique down. the "tuck and roll" method is very difficult. i can barely do it. i find it easier, at least for now as a beginner roller, to tuck and roll a couple times to get the basic shape, then fold it over itself, lay it down, and tightly roll and compress it on a hard surface. seems to come out alright with a filter, but it is still hard. i always have trouble with bits of shake falling out or just not being able to tuck and roll in general. this is what i have got:

[​IMG][​IMG]

i think they are about average. nothing falls out and the don't feel too loose at all. please don't judge harshly!

2. Heres an easy way to roll them if you don't want to take the time to learn how to roll without anything.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl_Xf8-DROE]The Technique - a perfect joint every time - how to roll a joint - YouTube[/ame] It makes them pretty perfect and it's very easy, if you want to learn the normal more difficult way it takes a while of practicing and isn't really necessary, but there's also many youtube videos for all different kinds of rolls.

3. that video is mad helpful thanks

4. No problem, i used that method for a good couple months before i learned how to roll without a card, I still think that way is faster and generally more reliable.

5. Looks pretty good to me, man!

I can't roll joints very well myself, but then again I don't smoke joints much so it's not a big problem. I usually just use a handroller on the rare occasion that I plan to smoke a joint.

It's a hard skill to learn, and it looks like you're on your way to perfecting it. :smoking:

6. thanks for the support. if i didn't want to use a card, however, what would be the best way to efficiently "tuck and roll" the joint? i feel like every time i try, it never properly works out. i can't get the paper to tuck into itself

7. make a bottle bong if you're having trouble rolling, its what i used to do. i found that the key to rolling a smooth joint is making sure you have a tight roach. not too tight, but tight enough so it doesnt feel like every hit is harsh.

8. tucking is overrated. It's a skill that is extremely hard to master and doesn't make that much of a difference overall. If you can just fold the side closer to you inside on itself while tightly shaped around the bud and roll it up, that little fold of paper won't make the joint any worse. Just try not to be so neat and really tuck it in and just fold over.

9. i want to be able to roll good joints. i will keep rolling until that is possible. i agree with having a tight filter, also. i didn't roll my first one with a filter and it was a lot more difficult to produce

10. #10 deakster, May 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    Yo buddy. That looks pretty solid for your first couple j's! Id def smoke them. My advice to you is that the longer you do something, the better you get at it. I was pretty awful myself when I first started. Just keep them tight and the looks will come!!!!!!!!:D

11. Just rolled this for later........:D

Attached Files:

12. Dude what kind of papers are those?

13. Don't sweat it man, not everyone can roll perfect at first, took me a while to get it after some practice but in the end I never smoke joints unless someone else is passing around one or someone wants to roll one, to hell with them.

And thicker papers are easier for rolling in my opinion, thin papers are just too brittle for me and they make it burn too fast, especially when it idles and ends up making it half-light.

14. ez wider

these thin papers i'm using are hard to fit a decent amount of bud in even if i tried

15. Mine are Raw-King Size :D

16. The papers I used were raw-king size, I believe the unbleached but not sure. Just started using them. Im personally more of a blunt guy but blunts get expensive after a while. Also I think these papers maybe a little more healthy for you. My only complaint is that they seem to go out if your not consistently smoking on the joint. Idk if that has to do more with my roll or what but it can get annoying. :D

17. I love MastahRollah, one of the best stoners on youtube, i didnt know if many other people on GC knew about him. He probably rolls some of the best joints ive seen, though i only really use a bubbler. Its always nice just to watch him goto work. :smoke:

18. easier to roll with compared to smaller papers?

19. I only started rolling 2 years ago so i remember pretty well whats its like when starting. Just give it time and practice, i used to be awful and now i can roll a perfect joint every time. The most important thing when rolling i would say is to keep your thumb and for finger tightly wrapped around the roach (filter). As long as the papers are tight around the roach its easy to re adjust the rest of the joint. I actually find it easier to roll backwards, that is roll with the sticky side towards me and roll over than towards myself. I find this technique a lot easyer as i just have to roll my thumbs over the roach to roll a tight joint. Hope you start improving!

20. I CAN'T ROLL FOR SH*T but my mate told me to roll without a filter an let it ALL come out the sides so I tried that and it worked a all good joint and quick it's like rolling it around a pencil it's easy