Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joint Filter?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by muffinzor94, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Ok so I like most people roll a joint occasionally but i was on youtube today and saw a guy rolling a joint and put a filter in it. For cigarettes i understand to filter out some of the tar and stuff but wouldnt puting a filter in a joint just filter out some of the thc?

2. ^^

it won't filter anything out.. but it's less weed you can throw in there.

i never understood the need for filters or crutches on joints.. just smoke the damn thing lol.

good papers, good weed and a good roll is all you need..

3. it doesnt actually filter anything out. its just a piece of cardboard rolled up to use as a mouthpiece. imo it makes the joint hit better and also you dont have to worry about saving roaches or finishing them off in a bowl

4. thanks for letting me know lol might start rolling with a filter then

5. But isnt that part of the fun? Saving all of those roaches to make a joint of the most resinated stuff lol

6. if you know how to roll a joint, no filter is gonna make it hit better...

7. I like them alot. but thats just because they crutch the end of the J so people cant camel lip it or anything. and also kind of keep any bud that loosens in the tip from all the passing around from getting in your mouth..

8. It adds structure to the joint. Something to hold on to... So you can burn all of it without burning yourself. And using one before you tuck and lick will give you like a 75% chance of it turning out a cone.

9. something you can hold onto lol if you need a filter to hold your joint your doing it wrong

10. Burning your fingers, getting weed in you mouth, and saving roaches are all the fun of smoking joints guys.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LOL @ the people being ignorant.. especially the fresh Blade.

Im a great roller with/ without a filter.. and i prefer using them to not. when you smoke a J with a few people and pass it around the end of the joint can sometimes get loose causing the weed to get in your mouth and the resin to get on your lips.. if you say its never happened you either are a new stoner or your a lying bastard.. anyways the filter keeps all of that shit from happening.. thus leading to a more enjoyable smoking experience.. Dont knock it before you try it.

12. my reasons for a filter
    -easier to finish, with no filter its hard to hold the roach and kill it
    -when passing it with friends they squeeze that shit so a filter prevents it from clogging
    -resin issues sometimes

13. Wait are you saying he used an actual cigarette filter? If that's what your saying then yes, a cigarette filter will filter out some of the thc. How noticeable it will be, I wouldn't know because I would never try that.

14. Filter for joints are used because you won't burn your lips as much and can smoke it till the end without having a roach left over.

15. Either way is fine I prefer filter because it stops all the bits of bud going into your mouth when you inhale.

16. Don't use cigarette filters! They filter a huge ass amount of thc, roll your own from some printer paper or just from some business cards but make sure there isn't any ink on them.

And to me it's just depends on how much the convenience is to me, If I'm on the go I won't use one, but if I'm sitting down with acouple buddies I'll roll with a crutch.

Oh and if your friends are pinching that shit and tongue wetting the fuck out of it just set them straight and let em know what's up they might not even know they are doing it in the first place, but only if it's your weed, don't tell others what do to with their weed, unless it's kinda like in a friendly manner.