Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Joining the military. Need some advice

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by davidp0326, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Really considering joining. I'm 20. I was looking at the Air Force. For some reason it's the only branch I'm interested in. Anyone with a military background could you tell me the truth about it all?

2. I'm pretty positive that their pretty hard ass about it. I know that if you get caught they dishonorably charge you.

3. Like anything in life, it's what you make of it. What do you want to do for a career? Do you have the means to attend a 4 year college now? Do you want to travel? (for free?)
    It's not a easy life for many people. You go where you're told, be that a war zone or Tampa...
    It is also very rewarding if you want to feel like you have made a difference in the future of the USA.
    Also, it's a steady paycheck, and a retirement after 20 years.

4. You should PM ICGreen. I'm going into the Air Force too and he really helped me. He was enlisted for 17 years I believe.

5. For a career I would love to fly airplanes. A commercial pilot. And that leads to the whole travel deal. It'd be cool to travel all over the world as a career. I currently am not going to school. I just work full time. But I honestly feel I would be good at it. I am a good leader. I played team sports all my life. I'm 6'5 210lbs very fit. I have only 2 things that are holding me back. The main reason is my mom. I'm an only child and raised by a single parent. I'm all she really has. And I don't think she could handle if anything happened to me. The second is my current girlfriend of 2 years. But she is heading off to CU Boulder for school next semester. So now I don't have to feel guilty making her wait around for me.

6. Thanks man will do.

7. [quote name='"davidp0326"']For a career I would love to fly airplanes. A commercial pilot. And that leads to the whole travel deal. It'd be cool to travel all over the world as a career. I currently am not going to school. I just work full time. But I honestly feel I would be good at it. I am a good leader. I played team sports all my life. I'm 6'5 210lbs very fit. I have only 2 things that are holding me back. The main reason is my mom. I'm an only child and raised by a single parent. I'm all she really has. And I don't think she could handle if anything happened to me. The second is my current girlfriend of 2 years. But she is heading off to CU Boulder for school next semester. So now I don't have to feel guilty making her wait around for me.[/quote]

Sounds good man, that's the only problem for me lol. I'm in the process of getting in shape. I'm currently 6', 240 lbs. I'm just a naturally big person though and there's definitly muscle on me. Just gotta drop some of the fat and build cardio.

I'm planning on going into Security Forces, I researched it and it sounds like the best option. Kinda like MP's but for the Air Force.