Joining the Army

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SirSmokeAlot1, Feb 22, 2008.

1. so yea man i havnt smoked in about 18 days cuz im going up to enlist in the army an i gotta pass a drug test to enlist.. an ive been a daily user for the past 3 years so this shit is really hard for me.. ive been hitttin up some local n/a meetings trying to help stay clean and i was just wondering if any1 had any experiance in the millitary.. like did u smoke while u where in at all? good idea not such a good idea? how often do u get tested an just your experiance with it all anything would help PEACE.

2. the test they give up at meps is a 15 ng/ml test where they actually observe your dick and the pee coming out, so no way possible to fake it

as far as smoking in the military they can and will test you whenever they want

especially if you are in the army and you look like a stoner

3. My dad toked when he was active duty. Just get your shit done and do it well, they won't test you just for the hell of it.

4. The Army? Yeesh.....why?

5. The Military offers a number of opportunities and benefits. But I'm guessing you're referring to Iraq when you ask why.

6. ...Or Afghanistan if he is a Canadian......but location and the situation are still besides the point.

7. dude forget the army how are u gonna get stoned if ur dead

8. as much as i love ganja, theres more important things out there than getting stoned, serving your country even though i disagree with whats going on completely is still an honerable and completely noble thing to do so thus u have my respect kind sir!

9. Rad. I know a few people in the Army. :hello:

10. That's some kinky shit right there. Tell me they give random cavity searches and I'll be at the recruitment office in the morning...;)

11. Because everybody who enlists dies! :rolleyes:

I support your decision to give up something you love to fight for your country. Like somebody said, very honorable and noble.

12. dude, fuck the army, the soldiers are on the front lines and have the worst training of any american military branch.
    The MARINES are better trained, more widely respected, do cooler stuff, and are less likely to die, but boot camp is harder, but still, there truely is no more nobel act than serving your country, especially in time of war.
    also, one of my older sisters was a marine, her enlistment ended 2 years ago, and she listened to calls under the patriot act right after, trust me(her), the patriot act is not being abused by the Bush administration, anyways, she didn't go to college yet, and is making around $75,000 a year.

13. i hope you're getting at a 5k signing bonus. ha have fun. the tax money spent every 8 seconds in iraq could buy a brand new lexus. i think of the whole thing like this:
    (opens paint)

[​IMG]

14. let's be honest. these days, "serving your country," while very admirable if only for its intentions and sacrifices, usually amounts to serving corporate interest and the military-industrial complex.

15. The ARMY lies! Everyone I know who enlisted was lied to, they ended up doing shitty jobs being sent to shitty places and not paid what they were promised. Get anything the ARMY promises in writing before you sign your final papers. But anyway good luck!

16. my uncle just ot back from iraq and he said he din t get drug tested while out in the feild only whe he came back did theydt him

17. hey bro, whenever you go home to under that rock i was wondering. .

can i come?:)

18. Whether or not the patriot act is being abused isn't really the issue. The fact that it was created is an act of abuse in and of itself.

19. ding ding ding

20. no, it IS abuse by the bush administration