Joining the Air Force

Discussion in 'General' started by ChicagoToker, Feb 12, 2011.

1. #1 ChicagoToker, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
    Alright GC, I've finally decided what I want to do with my life and I officially just quit smoking weed. I'm going to the recruiter later on today. I'm pretty freaking nervous but it's gonna be a great change for me. If there's anyone that is in the Air Force or any branch here at GC, I'd like your input.

Hopefully I can come back to the herb someday, but it's not much of a problem, I am going to miss getting baked with friends. The only thing that gets me is it's going to be kind of lonely, I'm single so when I get shipped off to a base, I'm not gonna know anyone except the people on base. Who knows maybe I'll find the girl of my dreams in another state somewhere.

Even though I'm not going to be smoking, I'm still going to visit this site because I love you guys :love:. but it's going to make me extremely jealous haha :smoke:

2. So what made you decide to do so?

3. I've wanted to do this since I was young, but now I'm also not happy with my current living situation so this opportunity is really giving me a fresh start. ya dig?

4. I have always wanted to fly a flighter jet...

My uncle was in the Air force but I dont know much about his service, other than he worked with communication equipment. Good luck though

5. ahhhh the good ole chair force. lol. talking to recruiters isnt a big deal, i have talked to several. hes going to explain a lot of what living on base is like, and what your new life style is going to be for however long you go in. you might take a practice asvab to see which jobs your going to qualify for, than you will set up a time for when you can take the real asvab. also, PREPARE QUESTIONS. plan some questions that cross a little bit and see if the answers contradict themselves. if they do, there lieing to you. think long and hard about if you really want to join, signing away your life isnt a small thing to do.

if you have any questions feel free to pm me. im going into the army, and most of my family is former military.

edit: if he asks you if you smoke or do any drugs, SAY NO AND STICK TO IT! they can be very convincing that they dont care, but that can limit what you can do.

6. Good luck friend, you've chosen an honorable path. I've never served but have the utmost respect for those who do. Best wishes and stay safe.

7. God speed!

Who knows, maybe by the time you get out dispensaries will be accepting military discounts :p

8. Good luck man, glad to see your following your true dreams. Sometimes you gotta leave shit behind to live your dream, but it should be worth it.

9. Dont be a puss join the infantry :smoke:

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL2IORXwg2E&NR=1]YouTube - Cyberspace[/ame]

11. I would say no don't, become a Marine.

But I don't wanna be the one to keep you from having the best time of your life and turning it into the worst.

If you wanna party like you're in college but get paid by the government, go Air Force.

If you wanna not shower at all during deployments, go on hella patrols, eat nothing but MRE's, Get the crappiest equipment and see that the Army got the best, Get ripped for all your money by a stripper, always look behind your back because you're wearing a white tee, where dress blues, be forced to clean your room every thursday, or become an alcoholic, then join the Marine Corps!

12. Alright then much respect to you, it's not an easy job.

I don't mean to be intrusive, it's your life and you should do with it what you want, but I have one question that I hope you can answer for me.
    Do you trust your government enough to possibly kill or die for them?

Because personally I would never join the military simply because I could never live with myself if I fought a war I don't agree with. And frankly I don't trust my government enough to serve them in such a way.

Again, I don't mean to disrespect your choice. I'm just wondering what your rationale is for joining the military.

13. Don't listen to this guy, just because you're in the military doesn't mean you have to kill or die for them. Besides, you're going into the Air Force.

Do what you wanna do with your life and don't listen to anyone on a Marijuana forum.

14. Oh come on. I asked him a question. I didn't tell him anything and I think I was being very respectful. I told him it's his life and he should do with it what he wants.
    If you join the military, depending on what your job is, you do have to die or kill for them if they ask you to. I just want to know how he feels about that.

15. No, you never HAVE to kill or die for the military (the U.S. military anyways).

You can leave as a conscientious objector.

Edit: What sort of military says "you have to die for us"?

16. #18 Shipwreck, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
    To above: Wrong, if you do that shit you're going to be thrown in military jail. If they ask you to go to war you HAVE TO. It is unlawful to not heed ALL orders made by people who can call the shots.
    You can only get out in boot camp for that.
    If not have fun with your dishonorable discharge.

A tidbit of information that should be thrown out of the window: Air Force Basic Training is easier than the other branches.

Entirely not true. It's fucking hard and the training instructors are even harder.
    They want to make sure you KNOW that it's not easy going through 2 months for Basic then oh yeah they forgot to tell you that you have to go to a school in bum fuck somewhere from 2-12 months+ where you're not yelled at as much but you still can't go home.

Oh yeah let's also add in that you WILL be working 12 hour days. No doubt about that one.
    When I was in Basic for the Air Force they would give you a 300 page book the first day you got there with a fake leather carrying pouch that you had to carry around at all times, if you weren't doing anything you were not talking and reading what you've read 50,000 times over and over.

Can't cut the physical portion of Basic? Well that's okay, they'll just keep you there for about 2-6 months until they figure out "Wait this guy can't do it!" To make you wake up at 4 in the morning to start running and doing indian sprints everyday until you go home.

Want to go home? You're planning to get shit for this one, the Air Force has spent $500,000 of tax payers money so you can get through training. They want to make it seem like it's impossible to get home and that the only way you're out of there is in a fucking body bag.

Think the military can't physically touch you? Well when you're alone and you piss a Training Instructor off they might grab you by the throat come 1 inch away from your face and start saying some of the nastiest shit you can come up with. Such as "Hey when you're in the functional Air Force, I'm going to come find you and fucking kick your ass"
    All because the numbers you wrote on your slip to get your keys back to your locker were too uneven or went under the writing line.

Do you like sleeping? Well your days of knowing what a 5 hour sleep are OVER!
    If you dont pick up double fire watch shifts you're going to be probably put at balls thirty to do a watch. Balls thirty by the way is 12:30 AM where you fucking sit and stand by a door with nobody to talk to unless a fucking pissed of Training Instructor wants to have some fun and try to test you about what you know and who runs what and what are the correct procedures to open the door.

So you've failed at doing a simple task like remembering to say "Sir, trainee AssFuck reporting as ordered,"
    Haha I forgot to mention, you probably will get a new name in Basic, something thats going to make you want to fucking go to the Training Instructor's house and fucking slit his throat in his sleep and yes you will have to use that name until they feel like you've had enough, which is pretty much after the 5 sets of pyramid pushups to do or 200 pushups for saying something like "Okay"

Finish working out in the morning is a wonderful thing, your flight probably has 40 people in it but wait.... awww your Training Instructor tells you all you have 30 seconds to wash all of your hands and if anybody is still washing their hands "YOU'RE ALL FUCKING OWING ME UNTIL YOUR FUCKING ARMS FALL OFF!!!" Sanitation is a great atribute to all Training Instructors.

I hope you like water because you're going to have to drink it. From what I recall it's like 6 canteens per day. But they forgot to tell you "We had an incident where we told a trainee to drink water and he drowned his lungs so he died and we kept telling him he was dehydrated.... Awww man sorry."

Now I was a lucky one, I was the type of person with the GOLDEN FUCKING TICKET.
    I got to eat for 15-20 minutes a day because I had an eating waiver.
    To be honest the food is great but not for you!
    You're going to feel bad for the kids in Africa when you realize you have 1-2 minutes to finish a half pound meal and you have to throw the rest of the untouched food away!

Regular trainees will be taught to march everywhere and make correct turns and faces and if you look at the fucking table in the middle of the dining room the Training Instructors will make sure that you're feeling just wonderful by making you sit with them asking questions like "Who is your Surgeon's General?!!!!" Information that you should have known though because the only way you're getting that answer in Basic Training is by already having the knowledge.

Do you like making your bed in the morning?
    No? Aww well the training instructors will be sure to flip your bed to help you put the sheets on the underside, as well as seeing the whole bed's weightlessness as it crashes against your locker.

Dustmites? Scary right? If there's any you're going to have to explain WHY THE FUCK IS THERE DUST IN YOUR DARK LOCKER'S CORNER?!!!!!!! Just enough to clean it up with a cotton swab.

Your job duty at Basic will be a great and rewarding one, my job was to shine a drinking fountain to brand fucking new. It only takes about 3-4 hours to complete the job.
    Wait though Training Instructors get thirsty too, you're going to have to show them how to do your job AGAIN RIGHT AFTER YOU CLEANED IT ontop of doing your regular duties.

Basic Training is something that you should know the worst about first then if you can take it step forward.
    The weak not need apply.

17. #19 AYOOOOOO, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
    If you had that hard a time in Basic then you would have died at a Marine Corps recruit depot.

My wife was in the Air Force, and I have a few buddies that are AF. They all said it was cake.

I'm not trying to start a branch debate here, but you don't know what "tough training" is.

So don't try to scare the op out of doing something with his life, that he is choosing to do.

Edit: I've actually been to the Basic Training base in TX. I know what I'm talking about when I say AF basic is cake.

I mean, come on. You train with females and males side by side.

18. You act like Air Force boot camp is the toughest, when all of that shit happens in the Marine Corps bootcamp as well, even worse sometimes.

And really, you're overplaying how hard it is. Yeah it's pretty physically demanding, but it's nothing when you're going on 25 mile hikes through Cali's mountains with a pack once you get in the fleet.