Johnny apple seed...of weed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Indicunt, Apr 10, 2011.

1. After the past outdoor season, i purposely produced a large number of seeds (roughly 6000). ive given many away to friends and selected what i need for my own crop, but i got thinking. Would it be a feasible idea to plant my extras all over in random spots, not for the sake of harvesting them all but to litter the area in hopes of it returning naturally in the spring? If there was enough support, would it be possible to litter the country in plants to a point where law enforcement could no longer control it, thus forcing the government to legalize. i obviously dont mean by myself. If there were a good number of people in each city all with the same idea could it happen? could the seeds potentially make it through the winter and sprout in spring?

i cant decide if this is a ridiculous idea or not but i figured GC would be the best place to ponder the thought.

2. What part of the country? I would think there would have to be plenty of rain. 2. If this did happen, both male and female plant are gonna grow. If you live in an area with a lot of growers your gonna be pollinating other peoples crop. Not real considerate.

3. souther ontario. im aware there would have to be males and females, but i hadnt really considered the idea of ruining peoples crops. im surprised that it never occurred to me. good thinking. Lets think of this situation hypothetically for the bigger picture, legalization.

4. I live in California. Most growers out here like things the way they are. "Medical Marijuana". We had an opportunity to legalize this year and we didn't. The reason why, too much government control. That means less freedom for us growers. Plus the greed. Most of the cannabis produced here goes to the black market. Prices are already realy low and what would it do to the market if it was legalized. Less freedom for growers, more government control, = lower prices, less quality marijuana being produced.

5. Certainly a possibility, but then what's to be said about amsterdam?

6. #6 Farm Dawg, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
    Weed isn't completely 100% legal in Amsterdam. I would have to research it more to give a better educated answer on that. The reason why Amsterdam is successful is because it is a big tourist trap, mainly due to the fact that you can buy and smoke weed legaly at a designated coffee shop. If other places start following suit and legalizing it, going to Amsterdam and smoking weed legaly in a coffee shop wouldn't be such a big deal. Imagine if weed was legal in the whole state of California. Maybe it would be cool to come from out of state and go smoke some pot in cali. I'm speaking from the growers point of view. What happens then for the poor pot farmer in Humboldt county. When the big corporations take over the marijuana business. So now we have government control and big corporations controling marijuana production and distribution. Read the language of prop. 19. Government regulation and fees puts the average ma and pa marijuana grow opp. out of bussiness. And you think that gives you more "freedom" to grow your own. Look at prop. 19 real close. It was on the ballot last November in the state of California. People try to make an argument that government tax and control of canabis would be a good thing. I think that the only real good that would come from that would be people not getting locked up for stupid prohibition laws but I really don't want to see the government and corporations in control. When the governments and large corporations control it then where do I stand, the humble grower.

7. if ppl are holding out because the price would drop..thats greed in it self..and more then a little selfish

8. I did list greed as a big contributing factor in my second post, however it's not just because the price would drop. It's that the language of the law requires growers to pay huge licensing fees, inspection fees, etc. The cost of the license alone would surpass by far any possible profit you would be able to make. I tried to research this so I could present my case better but google was full of useless information on the subject and I had a diffucult time finding the actual law. The point is. Sure yeah, legalize it but don't corporatize it. Don't cut out the average grower out of the market and make it impossible for them to get the proper licensing. I don't see how anyone would profit off this. I'm sure there are some kind of loop holes for big business. Which is equally greedy. Not because the price would drop, it would put the average pot farmer out of business entirely.

9. agreed..but to some extent its almost needed..and its profitable because of demand..thats why ppl were growing and selling it to begin with..i think it should be hard to open and expensive..its needs to be regulated and taxed and have a strict set of guidelines for operation..there doesnt need to be one on every corner

10. I'm just speaking on behalf of people that would have absolutly no economy if it wasn't for weed cultivation, like Northern California. If you were a grower out there you would understand and agree.