John McLaughlin !

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by SpiralEyes, Aug 20, 2004.

1. I just found some of the best stuff to listen to while your high. I'm sure a few of you have heard of John McLaughlin. It's great music for people to chill out and just listen. Pink floyd fans would like it. Listen to the CDs Live AT The Royal Festivle Hall and Saturday night in Bombay. Anyway, i'm really high so bye

2. I only got the "Friday Night in San Francisco" with Al Di Meola and Paco De Lucia but it's awesome!!! That guy's good

3. For those of you who r feelin john, check out Shakti, mad wild indian music where he plays a guitar like a sitar.
    If your into crazy jazz my other advice is check out Herbie Hancock, definetly reach higher planes with this shit.
    much love x

4. Oooh I like Hancock. Head Hunter is definitely a must have

5. Mr skinner you metioned Al Dimiola so you must have heard elegant gypse, man that is one crazy album. I am a jazz ( among other things ) bass player so I know all the great jazz musicians.

6. Holy shit, i didnt think anybody had ever heard of this album, well at least the people i know.

Man that album is awesome. those guys do shit on the guitar that i could only dream of playing. its a really chill album for smoking to or just doing some reading or relaxing. i "highly" recomend it.

7. Soo glad there's peeps outs there who love jazz. Gotta recommened the albums Thrust and Man Child from the madness of Hancock.
    And for some of the wall jazz anyone heard of Mr.Scruff? he's on ninja tune's label, anything on that label makes your ass funk!
    much love

8. Ypu. Love him. And most of Ninja Tunes: Nightmares on Wax, Amon Tobin, Herbalizer (me favourite), DJ Food and much more. Best smoker's music ever!!!

9. well impressed you know ninja tunes, u got the zen dvd? check it out its top! i try to get down to manchester wen scruffs at music box, hes on every month, and i can promise its one of the best nites of your life! nxt ones 2nd october(if any1 frm ninja is on here i should get money for advertising!). Everyone should get down there, only excuse is if you dont live in england!

10. I have known Ninja Tunes for qiute a while. And 1 year ago, suddenly one of me favouriute norwegian bands joined the label. Wicked. Heard of Jaga Jazzist? Check'em out.

I haven't seen the zen dvd, but I'll definitely look for it. I got the "a ninja tune retrospective". Fabulous cds

11. nope dont fink ive heard of em, but cheers i will go check em out.
    much love