JoebeChill's ~Indoor Soil Grow~ [Critical Poision] from 00 Seeds - 2019

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by joebechill, May 31, 2019.

1. #1 joebechill, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    High everyone ! (5/31/2019)
    This is my first grow journal ever. 2nd time growing from seed.

Germinated : 5/27/2019 using the damp paper towel in a ziplock bag method. 3/3 seeds germinated.

I am growing Critical Poison (3 Plants) from 00 Seeds (Seedsman Seed Bank)
    Mostly Indica Hybrid (Critical Mass X Green Poison)
    Photoperiod / Feminized Seeds
    Breeder expected flower period : 45-50 days

Tent : 2x4 Vivosun Grow Tent
    Lights : 2x HLG 96 elites (Driver : HLG-320h-54a)
    Medium : Fox Farms Ocean Forest
    Nutrients : FloraNova Grow and Bloom, Botanicare Cal-Mag, Molasses, Great White Mykos

These are the first seeds i have ever purchased. My first grow was from 3 unknown seeds. I am considering this my first real grow.
    I purchased these specifically because they are supposed to be easy to grow, the flowering time is expected to be short, and i wanted an indica.
    The breeder also states that these seeds grow really fat dense colas that need trellis netting or yo-yos to hold up with a high yield so obviously that is a major plus.

The seedlings have hatched and the baby pot plants are starting their journey. My only concern is that the leaves are droopy, but I am just hoping that they will fix themselves and it isn't anything to worry about since all three are doing it.

This is the first week and so far so good.
    Indoor temps today average : 79F / 39% humidity

I am going to move them into my tent after my last harvest is fully dried... which shouldn't be long since I hung my last harvest up 7 days ago. Right now they are by this window that sunlight can get through but it is not direct. Once they get placed into the tent i plan on putting ONE 96elite dimmed over top of them at a height I still have to figure out. There are two fans in the tent with a few computer fans up top as well. I don't have a fan filter yet, but I plan on purchasing one within this month (any suggestions would be awesome). I will add pictures of the tent setup once I put the plants in there.

They are in solo cups right now.
    Then will be transplanted to a 3/4 gallon or 1 gallon pot.
    I plan on finishing them in a 3 gallon fabric pot.
    My plans could change as time passes.

Questions:
    Is the sunlight from the window okay for my seedlings right now?

My short answer is no.. There isn't enough light in the day for your plants to grow properly especially sitting by a window sill.
    Should i add perlite to my ffof soil?
    What height should i hang my hlg 96elites at for each stage?

I'm going to be using a lux meter to figure out the height and light intensity for each stage. You can ask google about how much lux the plants should be getting at each point of their lives.
    What are some solid carbon filter/ fan setups?
    4 inch carbon filter or 6inch?
    Should I hang my driver outside of my tent or build a grow light frame?

My driver is mounted outside of my tent and everything is going A- okay.
    How long do soil growers usually keep the plant in solo cups before transplanting?
    3-5 weeks. Depends on a few factors.
    Anything you want me to add to this thread that could be beneficial? (info or pictures)

EVERYONE AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ADD SUGGESTIONS PLEASE DO SO

i love ya'll

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Easy man, just pulling up a chair ;)

Also, doesn't your FFoF have perlite in it already? assuming that's what you're using in your solos. Still, if you feel it's not drainign enough, you could add more when you next transplant.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Also as for when to transplant, you'll start to notice your babies drying up quite fast, which means the roots are absorbing the water almost straight away. Probably some time around 2-3 weeks depending on the speed they grow at.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for stopping in homie !
    The reason I'm asking about the perlite is because people seem to always be adding it to their soil even if their soil already has it.
    Fox farms ocean forest does have it so i was pretty much asking if i should add more. Figured id ask. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah well, judging by the amount of visible perlite in your cups, it does look like less than most people would mix in when doing it themselves (myself included) Im not %100 on this, but I aimed for roughly 3:1 ratio of soil to perlite. Still, I doubt it's totally necessary, but if you have perlite to hand then there's no reason not to either.

Also about the sunlight/seedlings. as you're growing indoor, I guess the only thing that could be bad about using the sunlight is how much they will get there. As long as there's more than 12 hours a day (doesn't have to be direct sunlight) it should be fine, any less though and you could trigger flowering. Depending on how strong and direct the light is, you could end up with stretching - at least with your own lights you can manipulate the distance between them etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 joebechill, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Dude, i was thinking about what i did last grow as i was checking my plants.. i had them under lights for 24 hrs for a whole month straight lol. and then i started thinking about the light from the window and i was like.. oh shit they need more light so i did throw them in the tent and set the lights to 18/6. I'm happy i didn't let them sit there too long! thats funny you mentioned that because i literally moved them right before hopping on my computer.

So, i am going to be setting up a 96 elite (one for now) within this week. I took some pictures of the setup. I think i might put the driver outside of the tent since i do not have an exhaust fan. Unless, if someone thinks otherwise.

I think the seedlings are going to enjoy the extra light for the first time. Thanks again Kaos :love-mj:

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hi! I'm definitely going to be following your grow... we have very similar set ups. I have a 2'x4' tent and I will be using 2 of the qb96s for light. I'm just waiting on my tax return to get my driver and get things going.

Anyway, as far as light height goes, I couldn't say off hand. But if you do a search for qb96 there is a great thread where someone mapped ppfd readings at various heights. The thread says something about "no b.s." so you'll know it when you see it. Otherwise @Tbone Shuffle is a wealth of knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sorry for those pictures being bad quality.. I sent them to my email and selected the “small” size. I have learned from my mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Hey that is awesome dude! i will have to follow your grow journal too. Thanks for that info i will definitely look into it. i have to get a PAR meter . i just have to put my 96 elite and driver together and will keep everyone posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I was thinking of starting a journal myself. I just don't have much to show yet.

A PAR meter would help but that thread also has a lux to ppfd conversion factor for the qb96s.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hahaha that's hilarious :D
    I'm growing an autoflower variety so no need to worry about changing the light schedule, though I have done photoperiod weed before too. Don't feel too bad though, I've seen a lot of people starting outdoor grows at the wrong time of year and having similar things happen :lmafoe:. It's funny but also unfortunate, I don't mean to make light of anyone's pain ofc.

• Like Like x 1
  12. my seedlings were only 2-3 days old and they are already recovering so i’m glad i remembered the light schedule of 18/6. i’m sure a week of insufficient light would have killed the plants

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 joebechill, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Would I want a lux meter or ppfd meter instead of a PAR meter? I am going to have to do some youtube research later tonight lol

14. LEDs? Afaik, you want them to be 24" away at the least in the beginning and then experiment with lowering them as the plants get older. It's quite easy to light burn/bleach with LEDs, it's why I couldn't use them in my micro grow as there isn't even 24" height to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Right now I'm just using two cfl lights until i get the time to construct the light but thats a good idea and i will use that. Starting at 24 inches and moving them closer as needed. i was thinking about having the lights in one spot and just change the intensity as needed.

16. Some use a lux meter app and get it close enough. That's probably what I will try at first. There's definitely some good info on here. I think that a meter that can detect ppfd is like $2000!

• Like Like x 2
  17. okay i downloaded the lux app. what is a good lux for seedlings?

18. UPDATE:
    GOOD NEWS:
    I added One of the 96 elites! so hopefully the plants love this light.. what is a good height to start off as???.. for some reason my brain is telling me 40 inches for seedlings and to bring it down as needed. Im having some trouble because i have my multimeter hooked up to read the current and i don't want to unhook the system and re wire it to go back from reading the voltage to current... so I'm just going to get another meter so i can read both at the same time. right now the current is about 1.8 amps 1800mA.. let me know what you guys think or recommend. I downloaded the lux meter app and i think its about 1000 if i remember correctly.
    BAD NEWS: i was so scared to over water like i did my last grow that i underwatered two of the seedlings, but only one survived. The soil must have gotten too dry for the age of the plants. Im going to definitely keep up on this more until the plants are bigger and i can let the soil dry out more between each water. I guess you gotta learn somehow!!

Well, I planted two more seeds and they're coming along well. I will either plant them tonight or later tomorrow. Same strain (critical poison)

Attached Files:

19. Those are basil seedlings in the peat pots not Ganja! i would never plant ganja in those things btw :roflmao:

20. #20 joebechill, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    I lowered the light to about 33" from the top of the seedlings