Joe Dirt's No-Till Soil Adventure

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Joe_Dirt23, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Quartz is the way to go. I'm currently using a ceramic but It's broken so I need to order a quartz banger.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2. Update time. I flipped to flower Oct.13 and have defoliated twice and I did one last time after I reordered the video. My fungus gnat problem seems to be under control. I have just been keeping the same routine because I'm having no problems. I'm extremely happy with the veg stage now I will see how they flower. I harvested a hand full of beans. I will eat them tonight. I also have some new genetics popped. Tutankhamon by Pyramid, Chemdawg by Humboldt seeds, Goldrush and Obi Wan Kush by Canuk seeds (DNA colab)

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shit! The shop press I have been watching has finally gone on sale and I'm broke. I guess this bitch is going on the credit card. Rosin press will be nearing completion soon. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Celebrating the next phase my rosin press build with some BHO dabs I made over a month ago and haven't touched till tonight. Cheers Scoob! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Looks yummy!! Congrats on getting the press!

• Like Like x 2
  6. nice! i really want a press like that one day. unfortunatly i have absolutly no space for it right now. was actually thinking of maybe fitting it also with some kind of blade to split open coconuts :p

that shatter looks good!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scoob

An old SoFl trick for opening coconuts while avoiding ER visits or "Stumpy" nicknames was to take two straight claw framing hammers, driving the claws in head to head and handles in opposite directions. Pull the handles up with the heads as a fulcrum and it tears the husk apart. Takes some effort, but beats a glancing blow from a machete or similar.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I'm starting to get flower development. I ground up some egg shells and top dressed that with some MBP. My canopy is thick again and I feel as though I should defoliate again but I don't think I will. Here's another NTA episode.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. My soap nuts arrive today. I put 7 nuts in a 1 gallon jug with water to brew. Should be ready by tomorrow. At 3 weeks, this is the earliest my plants have shown some nice flower development. My fungus gnat problem has returned in full force, so I gave another dose of nematodes and set up a bunch of sticky traps. Here's NTA 8. I quick shot of the rosin press I built. Just waiting on some 400watt heaters. The 100w ones I got don't seem to get it warm enough. Life's a garden, dig it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. i hope you didnt put an airstone with the soapnuts!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I do bubble baths like that...hahaha

• Like Like x 2
  12. No sir, lol. That would be funny. Just letting them soak. I will add them to my watering routine tomorrow. I'm trying to allow my soil to dry a little more in between watering to help combat my fungus gnats issue.

• Like Like x 2
  13. IME if you really want to rid yourself of gnats, replace the live mulch with a thick layer (X≥2") of dry mulch (straw, dried leaves, bark chips...) then aim some fans directly on the top of the soil as gnats are shitty fliers so they wont be able to land where there is strong wind.
    a few sticky traps where its not windy to catch the stragglers.
    within a few days you wont see any more gnats, guaranteed.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks for the advice Scoob. I'll pick up some dry mulch. I need to change my watering technique so my top layer stays dry. My cover crop has fully died and when it's moist it's heaven for those basterds.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Here's another installment of NTA. I'm 3.5 weeks deep into flower. Everything seems kosher, besides the damn fungus gnats. I need to setup a system with pvc pipe where it slowly drips below the top layer of soil.

The Tutankhamon and Chemdawg are looking great with 9 point leaves and thick stalks, which appear to be thicker at the top then at the bottom. I'm guessing because of my foliar feeding. Hoping one of these 4 is a keeper for the mother tent.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nice, subbed

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks for checking it Southern_Comfort! It helps to keep me motivated to keep my thread updated regularly.

Latest update is I'm meeting a local breeder next week so he can see my garden in person and so I can a aquire his genetics. I will explain more once I get them but for now we have chatted through some emails and plan to meet next week.

Also the guy who gave me cuttings in the beginning and growing advice asked me the other day to trade flower with him because he prefers mine. Man that put the biggest smile on my face! There is a cannabis competition here in June I'm going to try to enter. I need an about an oz of flower to enter. My crop I start after Xmas with be what I enter.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wrapping up week 5 of flower. I'm hoping the flower production will pick up the pase a little bit. The Tutankhamon and Chemdawg are looking strong in the mother tent and are ready to give up some cuttings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Thought I might try some old fashioned photos.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Couple more [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1