Joe Bob's indoor CFL northern lights grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by joebob13, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Hey everyone!

This is my first grow, so I'm taking everything one step at a time, and I figure a log will help me stay on track. I purchased northern lights seeds from Marijuana-Seeds.nl, and they were received a little under a month from when I ordered them, due to a postal strike delaying them a bit. The seeds were excellent, and I germinated three northern lights and two of the five free "thai stick" seeds that were included with my order.

All of the seeds germinated and grew a nicely sized taproot within 36 - 48 hours using the paper towel method. The seeds were then planted in Miracle Gorw (I know) organic soil. In less than two days time, the seeds had all sprouted and grown pretty little sprouts. The plants are now only two days old, so I bring you pictures of my set up.

I am using a rubbermaid box attached to a PC case via a duct. The PC case exhausts air through the back and provides plenty of airflow. I have 150 watts of CFL light in the rubbermaid box. When I begin cloning, the PC box will be used as a clone room and the rubbermaid as a flowering chamber for LST type grows, in which I will trim and top the plants to produce one main cola.

Pic 1: Grow box, uncovered. It has a top with slots routed in it that fits 9 individual "modules". Each module holds a light, so when I want to move them around, I simply slide them in the slots and arrange them to my liking.
    2: Grow box, covered., in dark.

The rest are just shots of my little babies.

Attached Files:

2. Here are my babies. I originally germinated 3 northern lights seeds, but I lost one half way through germination... a mystery, I know. Anyways, I germinated another one to take its place, so she's only a tiny baby still. All the other plants are doing great - the two thai sticks are all ready showing their sativa traits of growing long and tall.

Picture 1: Northern lights plant #1
    Picture 2: Northern lights plant #1
    Picture 3: Northern lights plant #2
    Picture 4: Northern lights plant #1
    Picture 5: Northern lights plant #3, just sprouted today, only 1 day old
    Picture 6: Thai Stick #1
    Picture 7: Thai Stick #2

Attached Files:

3. BUMP: Pictures finally working.

4. Happy thanksgiving to all the Americans on this board...

Anyways, these plants are now three weeks from seed, and have been through a lot all ready. They started under 150 watts of CFL light, and have been relocated into my stealth PC grow box, which is basically tiny. Unfortunately, I had to hide these plants further, so I had to cut back to three plants in the box and one plant in a sunny window, which hasn't grown for the last week and a half, but still seems to be living....

Anyways, the plants have really exploded with growth, and I put them into flowering a few days ago... this is probably day 5 of flowering, and they are all showing signs of being female.

Can you tell which plant is the sativa? I am growing one thai stick, and two northern lights. The one NL has exploded with growth, like the thai plant, and the other northern lights is some kind of retard... everything is deformed, its up to a couple of nodes but they are all within like an 1/8" of each other, its pretty fucked up.

Attached Files:

5. Wow, 190 views and no comments? What do you guys think about my plants... looking healthy, or no?

6. they look nice to me :) but ım no expert . Im a fırst tıme grower
    have 3 8 weeks old plants .

good luck man
    hope everythıng goes well
    :smoke::smoke::smoke:

7. looking healthy!

enjoy!