Jobs

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DIRTYRU55IAN, Nov 13, 2008.

1. WTF do you guys do for a decent income or for a living?
    just about to graduate from HS and i have no fucking clue how i am going to make it!

2. College. It's a neccesity nowadays.

3. right. I mean decent is pretty subjective to ones opinion, what one may consider decent another may not.

and ya, basically right out of highschool, I dont know what your doing and all, but im sure it will be near impossible to do anything "for a living", i mean that to me sounds like a career, i mean you could be a career burger flipper "for a living" but youd still be short at the end of the month paying bills possibly? thats no living...

I mean...sounds like you may come to this realization alittle sooner than me.

but your finishing up the last of the days of a (relatively) free education. for me when i walked out of my HS graduation ceramony, i thought to myself "oop i just wasted a good (free) oppurtunity, what now".....now Im forced to pay for my education, hopefully alittle investment in ones future pays off in the long run, thats the whole point right??

I hope this points you in the right direction, although i know whats right for some is not right for all, but ya your not the only one in this situation. YOU gotta do something about it though, just do it whatever it maybe, dont procrastinate or youll be in a world of hurt.

4. I just graduated( class of 08) and did not go to collage, but instead went to work full time at a ice cream shop where i am the manager. A helpful hint is GO TO COLLAGE ! i regret not going, but am going back for the spring semester

5. im not going to college, instead tech institute for electrition and construction

Hs is all Bullshit i cant wait to get out of that fuckin place

6. Outback Steakhouse :)

7. my advice would be to go to college, if you feel like you need to work first, then take a semester off and work full time, earn some cash, thats what im doing. my friends always clown on me about not going to college right away, but ill be starting the winter semester off with a car, and about 2 grand spending money, i guess the jokes on them....

8. Take it from this guy, go to college.

Lol i don't mean to be mean here just found that humorous.

9. If you have UPS in your area look into that. I just started and although it is physically demanding, you make decent money and the benefits are incredible (free school tuition and health, vision, dental, etc.)

10. oh ya. Im going to college, and im supervisor/manager at a full service car wash. Its very 420 friendly.

11. yeah i was looking at them. they are really good. I have to graduate first though, they only want full time.

12. Either work at a plant or factory if you don't plan on going to school, or go to a four year school and get a degree, or go to your local college and get take a trade skill course.
    I'm doing the last one, I'm going to be a Certified Nursing Assistant.

13. I'm only 19, but I work in a toll booth. It's rad, just toke and listen to music all day :cool:

14. I'm 19, currently a freshmen in college. I'm not sure what I will do as a carreer yet. I know I want to do something in business. My dad owns an CPA firm (accounting) I have the possibility to take over, but I have to like accounting, which I have never done. Possibly MIS (Management Information Systems), or Finance aswell. I'm just not sure yet.

One this is for sure, GO TO COLLEGE.

15. College should always be your next step after HS. If you've got a silver tongue and can handle heavy quotas I'd say jewelry sales, especially this time of year. I manage a jewelry store and go to college full-time, in November-December it isn't unheard of to gross around 6k with commission if you can hack it. Just spend wisely because you will hit droughts where the bank isn't coming in quite as nice but you've always got a nice hourly wage if you're with the right company to keep you afloat.

16. i work at a small deli i mean if this is your first job you cant expect to be hired at 12 dollars an hour you start at minimum and work your ass off but yeah go to college i graduated 08 and im going to a communiy college right now for 2 years to save some money(second best community college in the country) and thne i wanna go to a bigger school but yeah you dont have to form a plan just yet just prepare for your future and when you do have a plan.

17. Ill tell you one thing that will probably always be used in the worlds markets. The merchant navy. Pays fucking awsome salarys, i wouldve been on the equivalent of $40,000 a year at the age of 19 (Deck crew) and a possible $120,000 by the time i was 26 (at rank of captain). I left home at 16 to go to training btw (was on £7200 which at the time was about $14,400 - amazing at 16 right?).

Not 420 friendly at all but after training its not too bad unless your company or Captain suspects you of smoking or w/e.

I left because it wasnt for me and even with incredible oppourtunites like seeing the world and money, i still wouldnt have been happy doing it and to me theres no point being rich if im not happy.

Take a look into it and dont just overlook it because you wont be able to smoke during training. If id have been signed to a company dealing with cruise ships instead of containers i probably wouldnt be talking to you now.

Anyways if your worried about your future take a look its well worth half an hour of your time.

D.
    :smoke:

18. i work in a machine shop. im about to go to a tooling and manufacturing trade school so i could get more experience and shit.

19. im takin a MIS class right now, it might be the teacher but i dont like it so much. prob just me. Accounting > MIS, imo.

A business administration major would dabble a little taking classes in all those areas. Ive taken financial and managerial accounting, an MIS class, and im taking a Finance class next semister, but from what Ive seen Accounting > finance.

May seem kind of weird, but accounting is strangely fun, but hard for most. you really gotta pay attention and study, if you study all those majors/classes wont be SO bad, some may be more boring than others (MIS LOL, imo)

but ya...dont do accounting because you can take over a firm, WORK HARD, earn the right to take over your fathers firm.

20. Using money made from jobs in high school to play stock market, currently living off that in college.