Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Job Drug Tests

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Johnny Hive X, Oct 8, 2010.

1. I've read about 5 pages back on the boards trying to read about tests (got sidetracked on one thread about gargling acid lol) and all and I know this all sounds repetitive, but I have a couple questions:

1. How many different types of tests are there?

2. Is there a legal time limit they have to notify you of wanting to do a drug test when you're applying somewhere?

3. If I go to apply for a job and they want to test me and I fail, what can they do with that information? Is it just, "Well, you failed. Smoke pot do ya?" or is it more "CALL THE COPS!"

4. Does a failed pre-employment drug screening bar you from re-applying at most places? I'm sure it's different everywhere, but what has been anyone's experience?

I'm not worried about failing them (as long as they don't this information over to a bunch of authority type people :p ) because I have a job currently. I was just wanting to look around at something new. I've only been tested once before being hired for a job and it was in a factory and was part of a physical I had to take.

I'm not giving up smoking for a different place to work :p Just curious about those things. Thanks!

2. 1. Basically four. Blood, Piss, Hair, Saliva,

2. No. they just have to notify you before they do it.

3. They just say that you failed. That's about it.

4. Most places won't higher you. But it all depends on the employer

Check this link out for more info on the tests.

3. Thanks man! Is there a mostly common type of test? Seems like piss would be the most common. That's the one I had to take at least. I can imagine saliva testing kits being easier to have on-site at the employers facility or something.

4. The most common are probably Piss or Saliva. Most companies like grocery stores and department stores and such just use a saliva test. Because all they do is stick a cotton swab in your mouth. Blood and hair tests are for more serious jobs... and Parole officers.